Alky pressure gauge

434nova

What gauge is everyone using to monitor alky pressure ? Looking for something I can mount in the cockpit or on the hood. Razor no longer sells gauges. Thanks

I bought the transducer from razor and plan to monitor with power logger. I don't feel like i need an actual gauge for alky pressure

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I have a small fuel pressure gauge on my alky manifold............. Alky manifold? You ask? See below picture on the lower firewall on the passenger side.

My pump is in the back so I run the alky up to the front of the car. I made a little manifold that mounts to the fire wall that has a few AN ports in it to split the alky lines to the two nozzles. On this manifold, I have a standard type 100 PSI fuel pressure gauge. I don't know if it will corrode over time and begin to leak. But so far, after 5 years or so, it seems fine. It actually serves no propose whatsoever. But when I first installed the alky system, the car was down for the winter and I wanted to test it to see if it built pressure so I put it on and left it. Simple enough to do. I just looked at the gauge while some one pushed the button to prime the system. I could easily run a line up to the cowl and make it viewable from the drivers seat. But, it doesn't make sense any longer. I know have used that port to install a transducer to read pressure on the XFI instead.

So to answer your question....Any good fuel pressure gauge may work. But it will need to read at least to 150 PSI. Make sure it's got a brass housing. There may be no way to tell if other internal parts will be alky compatible. But hey, if it don't leak it's good.

Attachments

• IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    886.7 KB · Views: 358
Did you get the voltage scale w/ that sensor?
No i had not gotten that far. I believe its a 10 bar sensor if i remember correctly. Its sitting in my toolbox and I havent installed it yet or thought too much about it. I guess i ASSumed powerlogger had a scale built in for a 10 bar 5V reference sensor. Maybe I shouldn't have lol. I think its an AEM sensor so I'm sure i can get the scale if not. I think it was AEM. I can look tomorrow.

I have a small fuel pressure gauge on my alky manifold............. Alky manifold? You ask? See below picture on the lower firewall on the passenger side.

My pump is in the back so I run the alky up to the front of the car. I made a little manifold that mounts to the fire wall that has a few AN ports in it to split the alky lines to the two nozzles. On this manifold, I have a standard type 100 PSI fuel pressure gauge. I don't know if it will corrode over time and begin to leak. But so far, after 5 years or so, it seems fine. It actually serves no propose whatsoever. But when I first installed the alky system, the car was down for the winter and I wanted to test it to see if it built pressure so I put it on and left it. Simple enough to do. I just looked at the gauge while some one pushed the button to prime the system. I could easily run a line up to the cowl and make it viewable from the drivers seat. But, it doesn't make sense any longer. I know have used that port to install a transducer to read pressure on the XFI instead.

So to answer your question....Any good fuel pressure gauge may work. But it will need to read at least to 150 PSI. Make sure it's got a brass housing. There may be no way to tell if other internal parts will be alky compatible. But hey, if it don't leak it's good.
You need to spend some time cleaning that engine bay. [emoji23]

Seriously, nice job.

No i had not gotten that far. I believe its a 10 bar sensor if i remember correctly. Its sitting in my toolbox and I havent installed it yet or thought too much about it. I guess i ASSumed powerlogger had a scale built in for a 10 bar 5V reference sensor. Maybe I shouldn't have lol. I think its an AEM sensor so I'm sure i can get the scale if not. I think it was AEM. I can look tomorrow.

TMK AEM does not make anything that high. Hope they do though cause I'm in the market.

Well it isn't an AEM sensor. It is 10 bar I guess I'll see how it holds up and performs. Using google it appears to be a very cheap chineese sensor. It does at least say it's stainless diaphram. I guess for the price l expected it to be an AEM sensor. AEM does make a stainless 10bar sensor.
uploadfromtaptalk1453312254572.jpeg
uploadfromtaptalk1453312259713.jpeg

What gauge is everyone using to monitor alky pressure ?
I use razor tester kit with gauge and found it very valuable to see pump pressure on the fly.if going a different route the gauge/transducer will need to read 150+psi

Did you get the voltage scale w/ that sensor?

Here's what I'm using for the Razor's trandsucers

[CustomAnalog4]
CustomAnalog4Name=AlkyPressure
CustomAnalog4LongName=Alcohol Pressure
CustomAnalog4Tag=AP
CustomAnalog4GaugeMin=0
CustomAnalog4GaugeMax=150
CustomAnalog4GraphMin=0
CustomAnalog4GraphMax=150
CustomAnalog4MinValue=0
CustomAnalog4MaxValue=150
CustomAnalog4MinVolt=0.5
CustomAnalog4MaxVolt=4.5

Well it isn't an AEM sensor. It is 10 bar I guess I'll see how it holds up and performs. Using google it appears to be a very cheap chineese sensor. It does at least say it's stainless diaphram. I guess for the price l expected it to be an AEM sensor. AEM does make a stainless 10bar sensor. View attachment 271949View attachment 271950

So what? It's cheap. When it stops working replace it. I bought a few spares. Spark plugs cost more. I through out 3 sets of spark plugs a season.

View attachment 272028

I used to run one of these for about 5 years before I went to one of Julio's alky gauges. Was always dependable. Had it mounted next to my fuel pressure gauge on my dual hood gauge mount we used to sell.

sww-82325_ml.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-82325?seid=srese1&gclid=CLWxxLahvMoCFdUSHwoddfoBUw
Mark!

Where have you been? I know some people in the Hot-Air section are looking to get a hold of you. Seems they want you to make up some hot-air intake emblems for them. Check out the thread.