alky not coming on with boost

unobetr

ok.. so this all of a sudden happen.. my alky isnt coming on .. the test light works.. my powerlogger logs shows i have map signal.. what do i need to check??

ok.. so this all of a sudden happen.. my alky isnt coming on .. the test light works.. my powerlogger logs shows i have map signal.. what do i need to check??

Voltage on green wire going to PAC unit. You probably have a bad crimp/connection/etc

Inside the PAC box is a control labeled Turnon. You set on that control when the kit turns on based on voltage coming on the green MAP wire. Typically I set it to 2.20 volts. meaning when the green wire hits 2.21 the kit is activated.

To confirm this voltage simply Key ON measure the 12 o'clock position on the control. Right under where it says "TURNON" on the PCB and read that voltage.

If the voltage reads 2.20.. then you need to make sure the green wire is increasing voltage with boost.

If the green wire is lets say 2.3 volts and the turnon is set to 2.2 and the kit doesnt activate.. then you have a bad PAC unit. I have never seen this type of failure, but with electronics anything is possible.

A few years ago I had a customer similar problem.. when he opened up the box water ran out and the controls where rotted from a windshield leak.

it is working now.. i unplugged wire from map, took the t-tap off and checked then put back on.. sooo.. working for now..

THANKS Razor!

ck

Inside the PAC box is a control labeled Turnon. You set on that control when the kit turns on based on voltage coming on the green MAP wire. Typically I set it to 2.20 volts. meaning when the green wire hits 2.21 the kit is activated.

To confirm this voltage simply Key ON measure the 12 o'clock position on the control. Right under where it says "TURNON" on the PCB and read that voltage.

If the voltage reads 2.20.. then you need to make sure the green wire is increasing voltage with boost.

If the green wire is lets say 2.3 volts and the turnon is set to 2.2 and the kit doesnt activate.. then you have a bad PAC unit. I have never seen this type of failure, but with electronics anything is possible.

A few years ago I had a customer similar problem.. when he opened up the box water ran out and the controls where rotted from a windshield leak.

Please re-read and follow the steps.

Solder all connections. :D