Alky Kit-California Legal-Smog

You wont pass a smog test with an alky chip (or any performance chip for that matter)

You need to get an emissions chip from Turbotweak for your injectors.

Just make sure you don't get the car into boost with an emission chip. they are designed to "help" pass a smog test. not performance.

What about the visual inspection. Will they frown upon the Alky when they inspect my engine?

The last time I was smogged, the technician told me up front that he wouldn't pass the alky system.

I don't remember exactly what he said but he made it clear that it wasn't sanctioned for use in Kali and I figured it wasn't worth arguing over. All I did was replace my alky uptake with the original pipe and move the alky lines out of view. I also used an emissions chip and replaced the PS breather. Passed with lots of room to spare.

Anything from the mass airflow sensor to the catalytic converter that is not stock must have a C.A.R.B. exemption order number regardless of whether or not it negatively impacts emissions at all. Actually I know a guy who put dual cats on a 3rd gen F body that did not originally have it (some of them came with them) and he was failed on visual. He had to go back to single a single cat despite two cats being cleaner on the sniffer. The laws here are pretty much the most poignant expression of government idiocy I have ever seen.

For the visual test I would just remove the nozzle from the up pipe and turn off the Alky system.

If you were to go "by the book" you would essentially have to leave your car completely stock. There aren't many parts that I know of (if any) for turbo buicks that have c.a.r.b. e.o. numbers.

The sooner you learn that you have to find work-arounds, the sooner you'll avoid seeing the image line in my sig :)