Alky & Chip Question

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I am getting the SMC alky kit within a month (sick of knocking on the street with pump gas!) and would like to know what chip to use all the time with it? (this means street and strip) I currently run a PTE 93 street chip with 20 degrees of timing (which is kinda high for pump gas I know) but I know I can't run it with the alky kit because it will not give my car its full potential...I do have a Red Armstrong 108 chip for stock injectors (don't know the timing) and was wondering will the alky and 93 octane pump gas support the octane rating of 108 for this chip? I would love to run this chip on the street if all possible. Or do I need to tone it down to a 100 octane chip or something.

Basically what I want to know is how MUCH octane does alcohol give to 93 pump gas??? Is it enough to run a full race chip like this RA108?

All I can tell you is, up until about 45 minutes ago I was running the PTE 93 for stock injectors with the SMC. The car was running consistant 12.60's like that. I just put in a set of 36# bluetops and a MaxEffort thumbwheel.

Time to update my sig :D

Ed

IMO I would get a Trans+ and extender chip if ya looking for all the bolt on's:) .This well let you tune your car in fuel and timming till you are happy and IMO it dont get any better than that.

Also get the stock maf out the way

well i just got the ls1 maf sensor and translator installed the other day so that is taken care of (i was sick of the stock maf sensors going out and the cheap garbage replacements!) car has never ran better now

i want to run low 12's though so can i still use the ra108 chip for alky? is the octane high enough for it?

Ok for those of us less fortunate in California with 91 octane, what chip setup would you recommend. I'm not looking for track setup.(still going to be using race gas for that) I'm looking for the most optimal setup with the 91 octane. I have someone who can burn me a chip I just need to know what timing excetera to tell him.