Alky and powerlogger installed-pics

Quiky One

First of all I want to thank Julio for all the help and advice he has given me. Best customer service ever. The alcohol was pretty much straight forward except for losing a gallon of alky when I didn't tighten down the pump fittings...:mad: .
Here is a picture of the overflow and nozzle.
100_3548.jpg

And here is one of the LED's
100_3549.jpg

And the controller...Thanks for hooking me up Julio!!
100_3550.jpg

Here is a picture of the chip extension so you dont have to drop the ECM to get the chip out. Makes it real easy to change.
100_3551.jpg

The powerlogger was also simple to install. After trying to figure out why it didnt work it came down to a bad ecm. I had an extra so I used it first...I guess that is why I got it free. The car started with it though? :confused: Anyway, after replacing the ECM, it works like a charm. Since I had already run the map wire into the interior for the PAC alky, I tapped off that for the boost sensing. Very nice deal. I ended up running it under the console and have it come out right under the seat. Can be tucked away for passages and easy access for the laptop.
100_3552.jpg

Screen shot...
100_3553.jpg

As soon as the alky chip gets here, I will tune some more. So far up to 20lbs and no knock at all. Used to get huge numbers....

Jason

MAP Wire Question

Can you detail out the steps to do the MAP wire install into the Analog connector?

Looks great, very clean!

I asked over at F/T tech but hadn't got a response yet. I got the powerlogger installed and my dell died! Got a new HP coming this weekend, I'll be "borrowing" my wife's dell until then.

Ok here is what you do. On the GN, the MAP sensor is the passenger side of the engine. It has a 3 wire plug and the middle one is a green wire.
100_3556.jpg

100_3557.jpg

See it? On that green wire, take a knife blade or razor blade and strip the insulator off. Don't cut the wire, just do enough to solder on another wire. Solder the new wire into this wire and put shrink wrapping around it so it doesnt short. Then run the new wire into the interior (I drilled a new hole for all the wiring) and plug the or put the wire into analog hole 2. This spot is dedicated to the MAP wire. Make sure on the powerloggers configuration page (F3) that the MAP sensor is set to the correct MAP sensor. On stock turbo regals, it will be MAP Bar 2. The default is MAP Bar 3.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Jason

Yep. And just to clarify something, the forth picture doesnt have the lower dash panel on. When it is on, you can't see the chip extension nor any of the wires.

Jason

Nice work..

Your the guinea pig :wink: on the new low tank sensor.. Hides nicely :)

I want to know what is growing inside your vent in the picture showing the conroller. :smile: Just kidding. You have a beautiful car and thanks for the info and pics.

I want to know what is growing inside your vent in the picture showing the conroller. :smile: Just kidding. You have a beautiful car and thanks for the info and pics.

Haha it is the little foam padding around the vent that has come unloose...Dont feel like taking it apart to mess with it.

Jason

Its about 18 at the moment, depending on your laptop.

The setting to change this will go to 25, it will be released in an update.

B

Ok I thought so. Sometimes it reads 18 but when I start the car it reads 17. I'm still happy with it. I'll just wait for the updates.

Jason

Its about 18 at the moment, depending on your laptop.

The setting to change this will go to 25, it will be released in an update.

B

Bob,
Will future updates be something that cam be downloaded from your website? If so, how is it done? Thanks

The change in logging rate will just be an update to the PLC (windows program), it will be posted on the Full Throttle site, and can be easily downloaded.

There are feature updates to the PowerLogger itself, those can be downloaded and flashed into the unit quite easily.

All software updates will be free and easily downloaded...

Bob

Looks good Jason, just an idea though. Put zip ties on all vacuum/boost rubber lines where they connect. If you're going to start pushing very high boost, it could be a nightmare for one of those lines to come off at 25#'s:eek: . I started having it happen at 22#. Replaced all rubber lines with the silicone, and still used zip ties.