align bore/hone?

I had my block fully machined and checked out good a few years back, including bored 30 over and align bore/hone done with the 3 forged mains to bolster the block up more. When I had it done, I did not have it done with the torque plates for any part of the machining. Since its been a few years and i now am back in a situation to complete the motor, I am looking for some advice concerning the machine work. Since the original machine work was done, I have read enough post now concerning the use of torque plates and the recommendations of using one. I am concerned that I might have issues in the long run and wanted to know 1. is this something i should be concerned about and 2. if so should i have the align hone redone with the torque plates and re hone the cylinders as well. If thats the case will i need to get new main bearings. The Crank was turned 10/10 and balanced. Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated, I really want to get this beast back and running and can really use some good advice here. Thanks and if you have any questions please ask as I have probably left something out.

Unless you've run the engine you just need to take it apart and have everything checked. Then decide if you need to, have it done again with the torque plates on it.

all the buick books say, the torque plates don't stress the block properly for an align hone. that you need to have the heads and gaskets on it for a proper align hone. be sure to post back what you decide to do, and let us know how it works out. i myself would consider just running it like it is, and chalk it up to experience. but i have a few motors lying around also.

I have not assembled the motor as of yet. It is still in pieces, but is ready to go otherwise. I know i screwed up and definetly will chalk it up to experience, i just figure at this point whats a few more bucks to make sure its right, but i thought i'd see what you guys had to say on it first. Thanks again.

don't be so hard on yourself. i'm building my first motor now. i'm trying to make it somewhat of a budget build. that way when it does go boom, i can see what went wrong, and know better on the next build. however, i do want to limit it to 2 builds max. and will be tickled pink, if this thing runs in the 10's for 4 years striaght.:cool:

Torque plate was used on mine for honing the cylinders to size/finish. Not for line honing of the crank bearing bores. Since your cylinders are to size, just put it together and run it, to late to use the torque plate now. Look at it this way, the factory never used a torque plate and many of the factory 109/block/motors are in the 10's. It's just keeping the tune in line that keeps these motors off the engine stand. Be sure to check all your bearing clearances as you go, if you are doing the assembly yourself.

Chuck