Alcohol or Propain Track Times

More Cubes

What times are you turning with either alcohol or propain on pump gas? Just curious as to what has been run with each. Dyno numbers are OK, but ET/MPH is better ;)

Lets see what you've done!

12.4 at 110 single stage SMC kit and Turbotweak alky. chip.

Nittos aired down to 20 psi. no other changes to street trim. :)

Car weighs 3825 with me in it. 3670 car weight.

SMC alky...

Running 12.0 @ 115 with a poor 2.1 60' time and not the best of tune.

Pulled 405 hp and 545 torque in street trim.

I'm pretty happy with it.

11.93 @ 113 MPH... 93 & SMC kit. Tuned well, it ran that on 16 psi w/ stock turbo. (The TTA) Like all Turbo buicks, I'm sure theres plenty more in it. :)

I have worked on some that run mid 11's at 118 or so on pump / 93 with the SMC kit. I am sure we will see a low 11 second one out soon if not 10's, with the new controller razor has and a DIY style setup pump.

Bob

Sig below..

June ran 7.55 at 93.3 1/8 mile 1.80 60 foot on BFG's..thats 11.40 land..

Stock TTA motor with a PT51 and 50's.. PAC controller, lots of alky.

T-Type best (unopened motor): 11.755@117.89

GN best (145K mile stock combo) 12.60@111.97

WE4 best (unopened motor): 12.15@114.2

Wow, very respectable times for pump gas! Where are the propain users :confused: I figured I would hear more from the alky users since the use of propane is fairly new with our cars. How about it propain users, you've had plenty of time to get to the track, what have you run? ;)

Times in sig,this is the first time at a track for me so I was'nt launching well(best 1.8 60').This was on 94 octane with 21 degrees of timing+24-25 psi(no knock on the audible).The ambient temp was 90ish and humidity was near 100%.I was an hour from home with no way back if I fragged the car so I did'nt give it all I could have.Sept 20th I'm going back to shoot for some 11's,either with or without propane,but the stock IC is going to be replaced this winter with a front mount.It seems alot of the guys running propane don't have heavily modded cars yet,we will get there.It works good for me and I like the no maintainence and zero corrosion qualities.The cooling effect of the alchy would be it's main advantage IMO.

Haven't been to the track with the propain yet, hopefully I will get some times soon. Sucks to be broke:mad:

I have gone 13.2 @ 103mph on Pro-Pain and Ultra94.

This was on 17" Kuhmo street radials = a 2.05 60', stock turbo @ 22psi, FMIC, 3.73s, 10" 3000 stall converter, and a very stiff "road race" type of suspension.

On a slick and in a traditional state of tune this would be a mid-low 12 second car.

HTH,

How about 433hp and 570tq at the wheels on pump gas! Best et to date on just alky is 11.87 @112.4!

Motor is untouched, PT-51, MSD-50's, CAS V-4, exhaust and 20* chip. I'm pretty happy with that for a pure street setup.:D

I have propain and am going to the track this weekend. I will post whatever i run. my combo is in the sig.

Well I thought I was going to the track this weekend, But a certain someone in the tri-state area wouldnt call me back so i could pick up my EGT meter.:mad: I have been trying to get this f*#kin meter from him for several weeks now. As much as i would like to, i wont mention any names. So I ordered one from Tenma for a fraction of the price (Less than half) he was trying to charge me. Hopefully it will be here this week and I can run next friday.

Originally posted by Mr. T
I have gone 13.2 @ 103mph on Pro-Pain and Ultra94.

This was on 17" Kuhmo street radials = a 2.05 60', stock turbo @ 22psi, FMIC, 3.73s, 10" 3000 stall converter, and a very stiff "road race" type of suspension.

On a slick and in a traditional state of tune this would be a mid-low 12 second car.

HTH,

Mike,

Just wondering how a 13.2 would be a low 12 with a "traditional state of tune?" I have run the same times as you with alky, a street chip, street tires and I do NOT feel that I could tweak this into the low 12's with just slicks and race gas, actually I don't think your car would be there either. On my 13.2 pass I was running 18#'s boost, ran a stock intercooler and a stock D-5 converter. Are you sure that you have enough for low 12's??

P.S. - I went 2.08 60' so your 17" tires and road race suspension are hooking better than my regular 15" tires.

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
How about 433hp and 570tq at the wheels on pump gas! Best et to date on just alky is 11.87 @112.4!

Motor is untouched, PT-51, MSD-50's, CAS V-4, exhaust and 20* chip. I'm pretty happy with that for a pure street setup.:D

Well I went back this weekend and pulled series of 11.8's with 11.82 @ 115.6 with a 1.62 60' on BFG drag radial being the best of the day. No rollbar ended my day and persute for 11.7's. This a true street setup on pump gas with alky.

Frank

Originally posted by TWIN86GNS
Mike,

Just wondering how a 13.2 would be a low 12 with a "traditional state of tune?" I have run the same times as you with alky, a street chip, street tires and I do NOT feel that I could tweak this into the low 12's with just slicks and race gas, actually I don't think your car would be there either. On my 13.2 pass I was running 18#'s boost, ran a stock intercooler and a stock D-5 converter. Are you sure that you have enough for low 12's??

P.S. - I went 2.08 60' so your 17" tires and road race suspension are hooking better than my regular 15" tires.

Now look at my sig and see what is meant by that. 12.9 @111 is only 3 tenths quicker but 8mph faster. Let me see what I can do with the ET-Streets and propain, should be interesting.