Alcohol Nozzle orientation???

slipstick

I have a DIY alcohol injection setup that I have used for several years. I use a NOS nozzle located in the up pipe about 8 inches in front of the throttle body. I originally ran the nozzle pointed toward the intercooler. My logic was that if the alcohol was sprayed into the oncoming air it would mix more uniformly with the air before it reached the intake plenum. About a year ago I turned the nozzle 180* so that it now sprays toward the throttle body. My logic with this orientation is that the alcohol will reach the plenum faster. Truth is I have not noticed a difference in performance or effect from either orientation. I have wondered if there are opinions and experiences I could consider with regard to the nozzle orientation?????
BTW, I do have a power plate installed.

Correction for nozzle location

Actually, my NOS nozzle is located just below the bend in the up pipe which is more like 12-13 inches from the throttle body.

The issue is that an NOS nozzle is designed for a gas not a liquid. The nozzles that have liquid going to them also have gas. The reason is the 1000 PSI gas is whats used to break up the liquid.

The reason NOS nozzles where pointed torward the IC was to aid in breaking up the liquid. If the liquid is not broken up it can in droplet form give uneven cylinder distribution.

Guess your current setup doesnt have issue. And volume can play a role with this. This is detemined by jet size and pump pressure. If you cranked up the pressure and jet size you'd probably find the point where an issue arises.