Alchy good for 90% street 10% track GN?

ez at nova

I hate rice
I've read up quite a bit on the alchy and have my heart set on an SMC kit. I have some questions though. My GN is much more of a cruiser than a track car, although it will make the mandatory 2 or 3 trips each season. I want the alchy to be able to run the boost I do with race gas, but I'm tired of frying O2 sensors. But one concern is, how does the alchy make the car, drivability wise, at normal, part throttle driving? If I go to pass someone, I don't need to floor it, but I may give 3/4 throttle, bringing up maybe 14 lbs of boost. Now, the alchy would have started spraying at, say, 11 lbs, but is it now expecting to go full throttle? Will it bog the car if it's spraying and not going WOT? My second concern is of alchy usage. I've heard one claim of .4 gallons used for each minute of spray. I don't know how big the tank is, but it can't be much more than 2 gallons. This leaves only about 5 minutes of driving when the car is above the set boost to start the spraying?! I would think that on one of my frequent long trips of 2+ hours that I'm in the boost more than 5 minutes! This could be BAD NEWS right?

Thanks,
Jeff C.

If your going WOT for more than 5 minutes then you have more balls than I. Most of the time you won't even notice that the alky is spraying (doesn't bog if tuned properly) other than you are accelerating real fast. The tank is only a 1/2 gallon, but it takes me more than 2 weeks to burn through a tank and I have my pump dial on max! Also, there is a low alky warning light, so once the light comes on don't go WOT.

Black6pack and others,
So, does the SMC spray at a progressive level? The more throttle/boost = the more spray? I didn't mean I was going to hold the pedal down for 5 minutes straight, but in the course of a 2 hour drive (actually 4, 2 there and 2 back) I'm sure I'll be on the heavy side of boost for close to 5 minutes total.
Anyway, if you say your 1/2 gallon tank lasts you 2 weeks, that must be good. But a better estimation would be milage. My GN averages about 1 mile every 2 weeks :)
Maybe the post I read where the guy used 0.4 gallons a minute and had a 2.5 gallon tank for alchy was discussing a pretty SERIOUS car!
Thanks,
Jeff

I agree with B6P. My tank lasts for quite a while.
You could always turn the "spray on" setting way up, and the spray amount(?) way down for your long trips...assuming you're not racing during the trips. Keep in mind, all of Steve's settings are right in the cockpit now, you can change it on the fly.