alarm question? oooo..

Originally posted by zam70
Dream on my friend...to a pro, 90 seconds is an eternity. It's been proven many times that it takes less than 20 seconds for a pro to unlock a car, start it AND get the club off the steering wheel. The alarm...maybe another 10 - 20 seconds. BUT...at least you are well guarded from the amatures (which is 99% of the thieves anyway)

Best overall defense is still a nice little hidden kill switch. No alarm, no nothing. ECM disable is probably the best overall.

you forgot to calculate the column lock and finding my starter kill. Not only will the alarm have a kill but i will have an aux. starter kill elsewhere. The biggie thou is getting the column lock off. that means they gotta cut that off making lots of noise. I really doubt a pro is gonna go through the trouble for just an 85 MCSS. It has to take more than 30 secs to get a column lock off. I mean i took away the stock lock nobs to take the easy way of opening the doors out. Oh yeah i forgot when my alarm gets installed my DIXIE horn is gonna go off too making tons of noise. I See nobody gettin my car in 90 secs. beside its not the pros i'm worried about, its the rip off artists. the quick bust and grab the radio type of thieves.

kirban sells this big ass red thing..

steadfast collars are ALWAYS on, once theyre put on they dont come back off, another company sells a lower column lock that expoies on..

I have a Viper 600, with a proximity senor on it. I love it. It does a great job of keeping people from leaning on the car and people from trying to reach into my car with the t-tops off. I know it wont stop the best theives from doing their job, but not much will. It gives me peice of mind and is a great deterrent. It was a little pricey but I think it was worth it. Plus you get some kind of guarantee from Viper if the alarm was installed by an authorized dealer.

Good Luck.....

Originally posted by GNandTTA
I HATE Alpine products with a passion but most everone else thinks they are the greatest products in the world.

I have been installing Alpine products for years and have had nothing but good luck with their components and excellent tech support. I am a firm believer in their head units and havent found anything else I would put in its place (except Nakamichi :cool: ) I wouldnt say they are the greatest but at least they are ONE of the best out there (just my opinion).

I never believe in any of the hype out there on audio products till I personally demo their products, from there I will make my decision on whether to recomend it or not to anyone interested in that product.

I never believe in any of the hype out there on audio products till I personally demo their products, from there I will make my decision on whether to recomend it or not to anyone interested in that product.
That's exactly how I am as well. Both myself and friends had too many bad experiences with Alpine products in the late 80's and early 90's. I never recomend a product based on name, but I guess I may be guilty of condeming a product based on name.

IVE SEEM CARS MANGLED WHILE TRYING TO REMOVE A STEADFAST BUT IT NEVER CAME OFF. USE THE LONG STYLE THAT EXTENDS FURTHER DOWN THE COLUMN. I FEEL AN ALARM WILL SAVE UR STEREO BUT THE COLLAR SAVES UR CAR.

SUREJ