Alarm controller or relay?

turboCR

My factory alarm "security" light stays on now. It is supposed to shut off after you arm the system with the power door locks. Now the "Security" light is on all the time either fixed [system armed] or flashing [system un-armed] after you close the door.

The door locks work fine, as they can either start or stop the sequence of flashing. I can easily replace either the relay or controller, but which one is the likely culprit? BTW, how about some part numbers so I can order at a discount from the Internet instead of the dealer? Both parts are still available [I checked but forgot to get part numbers]

Also, the L/H rear center section only running light never goes off,making me think that it's the controller, since these normally flash if the circuit is activated. Is this related?

1984 Riv Turbo Conv
1 of 11
238,000 original miles
Bone stock
Still lookin' great

Well for others who may need to know.

I figuerd it out this morning. I deduced that since the light was not going ot, the sysem thought that it was not armed. So I checked continutity on the 3 switched that make up the arming system, the 2 jamb switches and the trunk interlock.

Doors- OK

Trunk- yep!! There is a cable that ruuns from the interlock switch to the trunk cyclinder. The cable has worked itself loose, fooling the switch into think that it was always closed, therfore not alowing the system to arm.

Gotta get a better pop riveter to get the lock out to re-attach the cable.

Almost spent $100 on an ew controller, part 16158276 for nothing.

Wife- Happy

Me- Happy

Car-Priceless- Literally