Airbag pressure for mild car

Weazel

This just in,alky is good
Hello,

I just got back from street night at the local 1/8th strip, and had some pretty iffy short times (surprise). I got some tubular LCAs in the off season, and put an airbag on the right side. I've read a bunch of posts about airbag pressures, and most of the people are putting down a fair bit more HP than I. But I stayed status quo, I had about 12 psi in the right side spring (no airbag on my side). Still...launches were crap. At 4-5 psi she'd go pretty well. At 8 psi I'd spin to the right. Was I running too much pressure? Too little? Am I just looking for an excuse for the fact that I can't drive? :p Just curious if anybody's got a low 8s (1/8th) or high 12s rig with an airbag, and what pressure do they run?

I have a feeling it may be the tires too. As badazz'd as they look, at a 5 psi boost launch they stuck (but I was still slow at 60') and at 8ish launch they went up in flames. I was running 16 PSI in my MT Indy Profile SSs.

THANKS for any help. I was psyched with my 8.33, but considering my 2 sec 60', I know the car is capable of 8.0s. THX!!:cool: