Air Ride

QUICK SIX

I have had my GN for about a year now and I am liking at upgrading my suspension. I have been liking at the air ride system and at the C5 corvette system form Savitske Classic and custom. I would appreciate any information that anyone can give me about the two of these products:confused:

i got a bunch of guys in my car club that are big into Air ride it is great fun but if your going to do it don't be CHEAP.Buy the good Bags,good harware etc.take your time selecting parts and putting it in,cuz if you rush it just cost you more in the long run .here is a pic of my buddies truck on 20's we are body dropping that has air ride now for 5 years. if you want more info on air ride stuff i will pm you his number.I have helped him and others install air ride it is alot of work but well worth it..

Attachments

• low 005.jpg
    low 005.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 312
i got a bunch of guys in my car club that are big into Air ride it is great fun but if your going to do it don't be CHEAP.Buy the good Bags,good harware etc.take your time selecting parts and putting it in,cuz if you rush it just cost you more in the long run ..

Agreed, quality products, and do an 8 valve set up so there is no pressure movement side to side. I am almost ready to do my air ride install, and have been amassing parts for a few months to make it a quality set up. When done right there is better than OEM handling, as well as the cool adjustability. Skimping in quality on bags, valves, and compressors will make air ride very frustrating. Save $, so it once, do it right. Thats my $.02
GC

It's up to you...... if you want to show it off a little more and drop it in the weeds at shows, go with Air Ride. If you just want a low stance and good handling, and good brakes, go with the AFX package! Either way will be bad as$.

JESUS! For that price, I hope the car comes with it too! I bet it's an awesome kit, I personally couldnt justify spending that much money on it.

i got a bunch of guys in my car club that are big into Air ride it is great fun but if your going to do it don't be CHEAP.Buy the good Bags,good harware etc.take your time selecting parts and putting it in,cuz if you rush it just cost you more in the long run .here is a pic of my buddies truck on 20's we are body dropping that has air ride now for 5 years. if you want more info on air ride stuff i will pm you his number.I have helped him and others install air ride it is alot of work but well worth it..

Can you tell me if the cars handle any better, because I have a-lot of friend that have z06's, My car has the power but it don't handle like that vette. I would just like for my car to handle better. :confused:

I wouldnt see a need other than dropping it at a show. The whole point of this package is to make the car handle by correctng poor geometery and lowering the car 7/8". You can adjust for more lowering with your spring. If it still isnt low enough for you, you can buy adjustable ride height lowers.

Can you tell me if the cars handle any better, because I have a-lot of friend that have z06's, My car has the power but it don't handle like that vette. I would just like for my car to handle better. :confused:

i would say handling is going to be alot better.,my buddies truck there full ride air up is about 5 inches off the ground.And I can tell you from driving it there is less give to everything and if it gives to much you can always air it up where it needs it to make it corner tighter.

If you want optimum handling, skip the air ride, it can be made to handle very well, but it still is not up to the level conventional suspension upgrades can take you w/ a package set up. Its better than it was 3-5 years ago,just not all the way there yet.

If you want optimum handling, skip the air ride, it can be made to handle very well, but it still is not up to the level conventional suspension upgrades can take you w/ a package set up. Its better than it was 3-5 years ago,just not all the way there yet.

I agree!

What's up I am sorry it took me so long to respond to you all, but I really appreciate all of your help, I decided to go with the AFX package.