Air Ride

chadswe4

Anyone out there running a air bag set up?
Not just in the back of the car, at all four coners.
How do you like?
What did it cost you?

Thanks
Chad

talk to these guys...

HzEmall.com

I talked to them and they went back after the install and put on Shockwaves all the way around instead. I have had air ride on trucks before and the ride was awesome. I plan on 'bagging my 87 GN in the future. You can go cheap for about $800 total or go with the Air Ride Technologies shockwaves for about $800 front and $800 rear, plus about another $500-600 for compressor, tank, valves, gauges and switches. If you are just going for the look, you can go cheap with a bracket/bag set up- which is pretty much bolt in, but you will have to weld in a shock mount for the front. They tend to be a little squishy. If you want the best performance...go with the Shockwaves. I plan on going with the Shockwaves on the front and Firestone 2500# bags/brackets in the rear with copper lines. You can get the Firestone bags for about $50-80 each and the bracket kits are about $50 for the front and $50 for the rear. The compressor will run the most as it is the key component. Save yourself a big headache and get a 100% duty cycle.

mine is not done yet...

Have a few other issues to work out before I install my air ride(about to rebuilt engine and suspension). I talked with the guys at Hzemall and they are very helpful.

Weight

I Like That Set Up, It Seems Like The Ride Would Be Very Plush But Not Sloppy. How Much Total Added Weight To The Car?