Air Intake Question

SamBalkin

Hello all,

On my 87 Buick Grand National that I baught came with an aftermarket intake pipe and filter. Were the rubber boot connects the cone to the pipe, there is a sensor just jammed into the side. Were is this sensor suppose to go? Were can I get a stock/performance pipe and filter assy that has the spot to put this sensor in it? Thanks.

Sounds like the intake air temp sensor and a lot of people just stick that sensor close to the air filter when switching to an aftermarket air intake.

Hello all,

On my 87 Buick Grand National that I baught came with an aftermarket intake pipe and filter. Were the rubber boot connects the cone to the pipe, there is a sensor just jammed into the side. Were is this sensor suppose to go? Were can I get a stock/performance pipe and filter assy that has the spot to put this sensor in it? Thanks.

That is where the sensor goes(Intake Air Temp) hence IAT, you could go back to stock and decrease your horsepower in the process, I would blow the filter out if it's dirty and let it alone.
I hope this helps,

Chuck