Air Filter Recommendations?

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
Hi guys,
Just curious. I recently purchased a nice chrome peice maf pipe from buickgn.com. It fits my stock turbo bell but my long K&N no longer fits with it. With the MAF connected on one end and the other end on the compressor housing bell, there is little room left for a filter. What do you guys recommend for filter size. There is that canister right behind the drivers side headlights where the cold air kit would go i believe. Do i need to remove that canister or are there small filters that would fit without removing it. Recommendations? Thanks again in advance! After this, shes getting prepped for paint :)

The 9" K&N will fit , Its hard to get it in but it does fit I have the same set up as you do. Some people cut the maf pipe a little shorter. Mine is full length ,and it fits.

thanks Len, is it the standard cone style im assuming? If it is, i should have that one but there is that canister in the front corner...do i remove that?

my canister is still installed. You just have to make a little room so the rubber clamps can slip over the lip of the maf. I will post pic tomorrow

When you install the chrome pipe, remove the bracket on the MAF if its still there or the vibration can kill the MAF.

thanks Len, is it the standard cone style im assuming? If it is, i should have that one but there is that canister in the front corner...do i remove that?

Hi!!
I'm far from being an GN expert but here's what I did
I bought an GN1 maf pipe, that I cuted just a little bit on the turbo side
the maf is stock, no cut, I bought an KN filter 8" long
the number is Re-0910 RE-0910 - K&N Universal Air Filters, Universal Rubber Filter
and I made a little bracket that bolt on the maf and on the orginal filter mount
here's some pics

I'm pretty sure there's hundred of way to do this, this is mine:D

Attachments

• IMGP3007.jpg
    IMGP3007.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMGP3012.jpg
    IMGP3012.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 131