air checking direct clutch

RegalX2

Doing a 200R4, air checking direct like the CK book states, piston wont stay applied like the others clutch packs do, it leaks down in aprox 1 sec, can see some slight bubbles from the small center piston seal, I have tried several seals, they are not damaged, direct drum looks great, the center seal in drum is left off for dual feed. Also, what is the part # of the inner piston seal, 8628246 ?, or 8628079 ?, I have tried both, they act the same.
This trans has never had a real great 2-3 shift, even dual fed.
Thanks for any input

Jim

if you are pulling your hair with it send the drum in to me and ill set it up.send in the clutches steels and plates.

does it stay applied when air is being applied and falling right after the air is removed? If so it honestly sounds normal, especially with teflon rings on the center support. If its falling while pressure is being applied then there actually might be a problem.

piston falls about 1 second after letting go of the blow gun trigger while keeping the center suppt sealed w/ the rubber tip . Can easily keep it applied with only very slight air flow.
Went to a trans shop I trust today, he checked it, said its OK, we then took an old drum he had apart to check part # of inner lip seal, its was a 8628079, makes sense since the outer lip seal is a 078. I just wanted to make sure since trans had been apart before and air check seemed the same when tried w/ a slightly larger inner seal #(8628246). I suppose the 2 check balls will weep slightly as well. They passed the "solvent test".

thanks for the input, any other thoughts ??

Jim