air bags

MIKE C

where is the best place to get a set of air bags from..also where is everybody putting the fill valve for the bags?

Summit Racing.

I heard that most people run the air lines back to behind the license plate so that's what I did. They're right by the gas cap.

i was looking through the summit catalog and was not able to find them? do you possibly have a link? and what pressures are the normal to run in the bags? should i do 1 or 2 bags? 480rwhp stock suspension:eek: lol. thanks guys!

jeffwiz87,
With your combo, I would run two. You will benefit the most by removing the front sway bar and running both bags at 10-15psi during normal driving. Doing so helps eliminate the sway by removing the front sway bar for the best weight transfer as possible. Then when it comes time to race, depending on how hard you like to launch the car, when racing at the track I always run 7psi in drivers side bag and 27psi in passengers side bag.

I ordered mine from Jegs. 022-60733 $77.99 for the kit that has both bags.

Air Lift Air 1000 Spring Kits - JEGS

I've found one of the best places to install the two valves is on the bottom of the bumper, using the existing holes that are used to bolt the bumperettes to the bumper. You simply take out the torx head bolts and nuts that bolt the bumperette to the bumper, insert the fill valve with washer and nut through this hole and tighten the nut. You end up with each valve underneath the bumperette. When viewed from behind on a GN, you can't see them at all, especially if you adjust the length so that all that sticks down is the cap. And on chrome bumpers unless you knew what to look for, you wouldn't see them either. Very stealthy and easy to install. The other benefit of installing the valves here is that, over time and with usage when the valves are installed in the bumper fillers, they tend to crack the fillers. Especially if race gas is spilled onto the fillers frequently. BTDT until I moved the valves to these bumperette holes on the bumper. Just don't stand the car on the bumper and they'll have a long and enjoyable life.

HTH

Patrick

Awesome! Thanks for the help. I was leaning going towards one bag but after you explained it i agree and should do it right the first time and do both. do you have any pics of the install and or how you routed the lines? not sure if i want to take out the front sway bar though since it is more street driven than at the track.

I actually run both air lines into the trunk area. Then I fabbed up a bracket, painted it and run both lines to 2 air pressure gauges my buddy picked me up. It actually worked out really good. I'll have to get some pics. and post them. I run my lines along the brake lines on the axle out of the way of everything and up through the trunk pan. I used rubber electrical grommets thru the trunk pan. I know most people probably won't want to drill 2 small holes in the trunk but I did and it works great.

Here's some pics. Kinda hard to see. The one gauge isn't reading the right psi I have to adjust it.

100_0537.jpg

100_0536.jpg

100_0535.jpg

100_0534.jpg

100_0531.jpg

awsome set up and great pics! does anyone know the diffrence between the two bags the 60733 and the 60844? cause they offer both on the air lift web site when i do the vehicle search and looks like the only diffrence to me is the cost??

awsome set up and great pics! does anyone know the diffrence between the two bags the 60733 and the 60844? cause they offer both on the air lift web site when i do the vehicle search and looks like the only diffrence to me is the cost??

The air bags that brian at gbodyparts sent me are the 60733 set. I dont know the difference between the two part numbers. good luck