aftermarket stereo for 93 Regal GS ??

CHECKMATE

so many toys-so litl time
My cousin has a 93 Regal GS with the stereo controls on the steering wheel. Anyway, he says that there is no way to put a different head unit in his car. I find this very difficult to believe that no one has made a unit for it. He says he even went to the dealer and asked them and they told him noone makes one for it. I said the dealer probably wouldn't tell him even if they did know of an aftmarket stereo for it. Is this actually the case, or is there a possibility without looking bad?

Originally posted by CHECKMATE
My cousin has a 93 Regal GS with the stereo controls on the steering wheel. Anyway, he says that there is no way to put a different head unit in his car. I find this very difficult to believe that no one has made a unit for it. He says he even went to the dealer and asked them and they told him noone makes one for it. I said the dealer probably wouldn't tell him even if they did know of an aftmarket stereo for it. Is this actually the case, or is there a possibility without looking bad?

Well...............Anything is possible. If it is a 1.5 or 2.0 din unit, you could replace it with an aftermarket headunit but will have no more function of the steering wheel controls tp operate new head unit. Call an audio shop and see if the have a mounting kit for a 1.5 din. If not, mounting kit can be built to mount an aftermarket head unit. I have done this before with a few vehicles so this is not a task for someone that does not have any experience with custom fabrication.