aftermarket power window and door locks

Jared31

has anyone ever used the reproduction window and lock switches from Highwaystars? Just wondering if they fit like the original GM switches. Or if anyone has used another reproduction switch that looks and fits like the originals. I was also thinking about ordering and pair of PUI upper door panels. Any comments would greatly be appreciated.

got repo window switches that came with my new regulators. they fit and operate just like old ones.

I've used the switches from the Help Rack of the local parts store. As far as I could tell they were exactly like the originals. One thing I found with the lock switches is that they get dirty inside. This is due to placement, can also get water in them from opening the door while raining.

I've opened them up, cleaned and greased them, then re-installed.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I think the parts store ones are no different than a lot of the OEM GM ones over the years. I think GM outsourced them for a number of years so I wouldn't hesitate to use HELP section switches.

The original design had GM using them as load carrying switches and they get beat over the years with a lot of corrosion problems, etc. so I prefer to convert them to ground triggers for upgrading to express down and up windows, relay powered windows, etc. It really makes a noticeable improvement over stock.

The upper pannels fit perfect!
panel.JPG