aftermarket gnx style rims??

dfirefighter

I bought some aftermarket gnx style rims a long time ago. How do i know what brand they are? a symbol? number? they are 16x8. so how would i find out if i need a spacer or not? thanks for any input.

Measuring their backspace will tell you whether they fit front, rear, multiple-choice, or nothing at all. If they have the plate and / or dish look in the center then that will limit it to Kirban's, Riken, and one other brand, I believe. Any identifying marks or designations anywhere on the rims?

Also where did you get them? many times certain shops only deal w/ dertain distributors, and that will narrow the field a bit.
A pic is prob all that is needed though.

epsilon makes a nice set as well

a friend of mine runs 16x8 and 16x10 Rikens with a 295 BFG tire in the rear.
all of these brand wheels have unique style ques, but he like the Rikens the best.

ok this is what i got off the rim. the front has what looks like a cursive mc. two of the rims have 5-34 7-11x16 B1 and the other two have 8-84 7-11x16 H2 on the backs. all have 16sx-1 as well.

i bought them on ebay like 7 years ago. even if i cant find out what brand they are, do any of these numbers help to see if i would need spacers on them?

I bought some aftermarket gnx style rims a long time ago. How do i know what brand they are? a symbol? number? they are 16x8. so how would i find out if i need a spacer or not? thanks for any input.

hope the pics can help too

Attachments

• 0328081749[1] (2).jpg
    0328081749[1] (2).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 574
  • 0330081536[1] (2).jpg
    0330081536[1] (2).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 499
would you know if i need spacers? if so how big and where can i get some

It's hard to say just by looking at the picture, but if you actually measure the rear spacing, then you'll know for sure. It should be somewhere near 4", maybe a little more or a little less...

Claude. :wink:

It's hard to say just by looking at the picture, but if you actually measure the rear spacing, then you'll know for sure. It should be somewhere near 4", maybe a little more or a little less...

Claude. :wink:

it is about 5". measured from the middle to the end of the rim. does this mean i need a 1" spacer for these rims?

it is about 5". measured from the middle to the end of the rim. does this mean I need a 1" spacer for these rims?

I'm not 100% sure I understand how you measured them...but here are some instructions I just found on the net, explaining how to correctly measure back spacing on a car wheel:
Step
Lay the wheel on a flat surface, front side facing down.
Step
Lay a yardstick or a straight edge rule across the top of the rim, from one side to the other. (If there is a tire on the wheel you must then lay a flat edge the correct size of the rim, from one side to the other, which will lay flat onto the edge of the rim, NOT the tire).
Step
Measure the distance from the inside mounting surface of the wheel, where the lug nut holes are, which mates against the axle hub on the car, to the lower edge of your flat ruler/stick lying across the top edge of the rim. This measurement is your "Back Space" measurement !

I hope this helps...

Claude. :)

I sold them and had a set for years the backspace should be marked on the inside of the wheel it will say the offset to. 16x8 were usually 4 backspace inchesand 0 offset. You can tell rikens because of how far the lug nuts go in.