After Market Fuel line

slo-joe55

Fuel line replacement.
To the Buick community, just looking for some thoughts on replacing the stock fuel line. On the performance side is there any reason to change out the stock fuel line on a high performance street GN.
(to enhance the cars performance). Hope i stated that clear enough.

On a High performance street GN the stock fuel lines are good to at least 550 wheel HP with good fuel pumps and regulator. No need to change them unless they are damaged.

if you do have to replace them do not replace with prebent steel lines, go braided. If you do not plan on lifting the body off the frame it is a epic nightmare to fish thru.

And if you go braided make sure you use Teflon lines or you may have fuel permeation issues (fuel odor seaping thru hose). The biggest problem we have in Cali is when you put a high flow pump in and you need to smog the car the stock return line cannot flow enough. So with a higher flowing pump it is hard to get the fuel pressure back to 38 line off which ends up being 32-33 vac line on. So be sure to pick a decent sized return line. I think most use -6. As l3lue stated is would be a massive massive battle to install steel lines with the body on in stock locations.

I do it 1 of 2 ways

hard and braided or braided only.

Either way you will need to adapt your entry and exit points at the tank / pump and rails / regulator