Advise on buying another GN

Matt McClung

Hotair guy who owns a I/C
My wife and I are pondering purchasing another Buick GN. We already own a 1986, but a good friend of ours is moving and wants to sell his 1986 GN. I've known this car for a lot of years, it is in beautiful shape and is completely stock. It has 27,000 miles on it. Nothing done except maintenance since new. If we were to get it, I would not do modifications as my other one fills that need. He is willing to sell it to me for 18,000. I was wondering what others here think. This car is truly perfect inside, out and underneath.
Thanks for any info and advise.

That is a steal my friend , If you don't wanna buy it send me his number . I'm like you , I have one to play with and would love to have a low mile stock car . Just my thoughts , Keith

That's a good deal right there. Non molested and low miles brings good money.

I'd say If you can afford to pay cash for it go for it. If its as nice as you say then at that price you really can't lose. If you end up regretting it you can just sell it to me. ;)

Go For It !!!! If you know the car and owner for all of these years,you will have to have a good feeling about the purchase.
Since the market has increase on our cars in the last five years ,I'm thinking that 18K is just a tad low ,but go with your gut feeling,
and your wife approval. (y)

Well, we have talked about it and we are going to purchase the car. I will post pics of it after we get it home this week.
Thanks for the replies.

It took me over a year of almost constantly searching to find mine. I am happy for you that you decided to buy it as I think it is a steal as well .... As an added bonus you know the car and the seller. Perfect scenario. Enjoy!!

IMG_1808.JPG
IMG_1808.JPG
IMG_1811.JPG
IMG_1814.JPG

The picture with both shows the new one on the right. It has aftermarket rims with bf Goodrich tires on it now but I also got the original rims with the original Goodyear eagle GT's still on the rims! The original rims and centercaps are flawless.

CLEAN !! I'm glad our members twisted your arm Lol !!, Now which one does the better half gets.(y)(y)

Yeah, you got one hell of a great deal on that one.....and I LOVE the Torque Thrust on it....looks great with those wheels.......great buy, glad you went for it.....your wife must really love the hell out of you. And we all do, too.

Bruce '87 Grand National

That's a sweet car there man! Great deal! Congrats! Two beautiful Buicks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk