Advice

slider252

Hi, new girl here. I have an 87 T Type Limited (dad is the original owner and passing it down to me). It has been sitting in Vegas without moving for the past 2 1/2 yrs, car has 125k on it and was a daily driver before. I am bringing it here to NC next month to restore and mod. Have been reading up and there are a lot of things that can be done. I am wondering what you guys think i should do with it, suggestions, tips, helpful hints. I am thinking new turbo, intercooler, few other things maybe. I want to make it better then before. What would be on your to do list? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks:)

kelly

Go to gnttype.org, and read up in the technical section. There is everything you need to know about getting everything up to snuff before you even start modding. Then there are articles with proven power recipes.

Well, aren't you lucky..........;) When you get it home, you'll have to get it running and then determine the things you'd like to start with. You'll get all the advice you can stand here on the board. :D

There are a few serious Regal owners in Raliegh. I'll be comming down there soon to visit my brother. I'd be glad to check out your new ride, and show you some of the things I have done to mine. Hope you can make the two hour drive to Virginia Motorsports park to do some drag'n next year. Plenty of Buicks around Richmond/ Southern VA to get advice/opinions. I would be glad to get some scan numbers of your car to help you get it in shape.

Scott 804-754-0907h
Turbo2nr@comcast.net

Depends on what you want the car to do. First and foremost get the car in drivable shape (change all the fluids, thorough tuning, etc) then go to gnttype.org. There are quite a few of us in the triangle area if you want any help.

Generally the idea is to get it back up and running, then figure how deep I am going to get into this. Money is the first issue, going to take awhile to save up. Haven't decided if i am going to pull the engine or not. Just a lot to do, and wondering where to start. My short term goal would be a few mods, get her looking nice again and running well. Long term goal would be turning it into drag car (dont have the money for that right now). Going to be a long road, but definitely up for it. :)

You doing the work yourself?Or is your boyfreind...I love girls who work on cars!!!I MAKE my wife help me with engine pulls ,but she'd rather not:cool:

Going to try to do th work myself, will see how successful I am. No bf to help me, so will just have to see who I can dig up to wrench with me in the garage.:)

Do the Spring Cleaning on gnttype.org. Then look at replacing the fuel pump, fuel regulator, GET A SCAN TOOL such as ScanMaster, add a boost gauge, make an adjustable wastgate actuator, tune and have fun.

Originally posted by slider252
Going to try to do th work myself, will see how successful I am. No bf to help me, so will just have to see who I can dig up to wrench with me in the garage.:)

My offer stands, like I said there are quite a few of us in the area......

You might want to check out Richie's Shop (Quality Auto Service) in my sig. he is a great guy to work with. Lot's of Buick knowledge in that guy's head.

Friends who work for free are the best. If you really need a shop, then find a good one, like the one above. But spending money vs./ not......well thats a no brainer!