adjusting cam sensor

Ive looked at the website but not sure how they explain it. pics would help alot. Or how much should i expect to pay to get the job done?

Not sure how much $, but I would assume too much for the work it entails. Where are you located, you may have a Buick expert from the board in your area that would be able to help you out.

You need:
1a. digital volt ohm meter. Do you have one?
1b. Caspers cam sensor cap (no longer need the volt/ohm meter, but will still need a way to measure 1.45")https://www.casperselectronics.com/...&Product_Code=107112&Category_Code=8687GN_OEM

1c. Caspers cam tool (also no need to DVOM, and now don't need a tool for the 1.45" as it has a few pieces of marked stickers: https://www.casperselectronics.com/...Product_Code=102075&Category_Code=8687GN_Perf

2. A way to measure 1.45" accurately. Do you have a mic/something similar?

The cam sensor tool is what I have. It makes it easy to measure 1.45", lights up so you don't need the DVOM, and it tells you exactly where to point the dot on the bottom gear and where to point the wires.

If you don't have a way to accurately measure 1.45", just get the cam setting tool. You turn the motor where the timing marks are underneath the car, hold the sticker against 0degress/TDC, then use it (sticker) to mark 25 degrees after. Then follow the instructions that come with the tool on how to drop it in, line it up, etc with the mark you made in it's place. It makes it very simple. I am not at home or I'd post the exact directions. It is easy, trust me. And it is best to force yourself to learn it and not pay a few hundred $ to do it. When you are ready and have the tool, I can grab my instructions and explain it/help you out over the phone if need be. It isn't hard bro. :)

adjusting the cam sensor

Ok man Im going to try it. Im in Houston Texas. In the future if I have trouble can you asssist me. Thanks I do appreciate your help.

Just a comment:
If you get the Caspers Cam Sensor Cap, you don't need to put a 25 degree line on the harmonic balancer; you set the balance at zero TDC and the sensor does the rest using slots to find the 25 degree setting.

Look at

This PDF

to see how it works.
John

Very nice Mr. Spina!!! I ASSumed that the cap only took the place of the DVOM when setting the sensor up. That is a very nice piece!!!

polin2424- take a look at the file Mr. Spina attached, that should make it even simpler. I would get the cap, if funds are there.