Adjusting boost question

rssooner

Hello everyone

I'm sort of a novice here so thanks in advance for the help. I have a TE-60 and have the adjustable waste gate rod that you can shorten to increase boost and lengthen to decrease. I have always wanted a better way to adjust boost. It's so dang hot when ur trying to adjust boost in between runs, etc. I know there are external waste gates and I have even seen folks be able to adjust boost inside the cockpit. My questions are: 1. What goes into upgrading to these options? 2. Are they as accurate? 3. Which one/option do you recommend?

Thanks a lot for the replies.

RS

I would recommend you purchase a rjc boost controller very simple to used and easy to adjust. And yes setting the boost is pretty good on the dime.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I do have one question?.... why do you want to move the boost up and down all the time? You do realize that messes with your fueling when you change boost levels, right?

With a TE60, does your build and TC support that turbo fully, or is it laggy and take a while to get on the clock? If so, an external boost controller might really help with spoolup and then have the benefit of ease in adjustability.

Last edited:
That is true but it's more convenient for anyone to adjust their boost without burning their hand and it made simple

Hello everyone

I'm sort of a novice here so thanks in advance for the help. I have a TE-60 and have the adjustable waste gate rod that you can shorten to increase boost and lengthen to decrease. I have always wanted a better way to adjust boost. It's so dang hot when ur trying to adjust boost in between runs, etc. I know there are external waste gates and I have even seen folks be able to adjust boost inside the cockpit. My questions are: 1. What goes into upgrading to these options? 2. Are they as accurate? 3. Which one/option do you recommend?

Thanks a lot for the replies.

RS
1. A manual boost controller is the simplest to install. An electronic controller (for example a Bstc unit) is not terribly hard to install but does obviously involve running wires in the cab and to the ECM in the kick panel (see attachments).

2. IMO consistency is more important than accuracy here. Boost is just a number.

3. Depends on what your needs are. Most do fine with a simple manual unit.

hallmanprorxdiagram.jpg

Attachments

• Bstcdoc1.pdf
    113.8 KB · Views: 165
I do have one question?.... why do you want to move the boost up and down all the time? You do realize that messes with your fueling when you change boost levels, right?

With a TE60, does your build and TC support that turbo fully, or is it laggy and take a while to get on the clock? If so, an external boost controller might really help with spoolup and then have the benefit of ease in adjustability.

Thanks for the reply. I want to raise and lower boost when I am at the track. I also adjust fuel if needed based on my boost levels. I have all the support around the turbo (3200 PTC non lock TC, etc)

Where did you buy that boost controller. I like to get one for myself. Thanks