Adjustable pushrods

79TurboCutlass

Corn Eater
I need to buy adjustable pushrods for the V6. I'm putting in a Comp 210/215 roller. What ones do I need? Poston has one set of 12 PE89473 for $109. They also have PE773482 for $95- this set doesn't say how many in the kit, I'd assume 12. The description sounds the same for both. Does anyone else sell adustables? I need get something soon to be ready for Norwalk.

Adjustable push rod are ONLY use when building custom engine. the adjustable push rod is use to check the correct length and profile , the rocker arm roller tip should be seated in a dead-center position on the top of the valve stem. By installing a lighter spring on the valve. This will allow you to rotate the motor by hand while viewing the roller movement on the top of the valve stem. the roller should move and .15-.20 inch outward (toward the exhaust side) when fully compress by cam lift.

If you are looking for adjustable push rod to run your motor on:confused: ...I`m new to this and i`ve never seen any for the v6 application.

Why not just measure and run regular old pushrods? Any reason to go to an adjustable unit? You could probably find some at summit.

Why not just measure and run regular old pushrods? Any reason to go to an adjustable unit? You could probably find some at summit.

That's probably what I will have to do. I found some specs on the Poston units from a post on here. These are too long at their shortest.

My problem is I bought a set of ported irons and the cam used out of a fresh rebuild. There were 3 different lenghth pushrods in this engine. I have these pushrods and they are the wrong lenghths. It was said that this engine had lifters ticking, I wonder why?:rolleyes:

I ran a set of Comp Hardened for 3-4 years on 2 motors but they were Flat Tappet. No Problems! Just locktite them down when they are at proper height. I would not use adjustables on a roller set up myself.
My friend used the Comp HD adjustables as well for years on his flat tappet engine but again Not on his roller.

i am running adjustables on my car they are cromoly and strong just turn em half turn past tight and us threadlocker

They are good for you though!!!! I got a pool and a pond. That's your brand right there pal.
Your motor mount is in. BTW