Adjustable A-arms??

RAMAIR1

I'm addicted
So, I keep researching options for my front end rebuild here, Turbobuick(s).com and MCSS.com. I've come up with a bunch of options. I like these arms (under products, then suspension packages, then Street Comp 2). If I use this set up with stock lowers, tall ball joints and QA-1/Eibachs I should get about a 1.5"-2" drop up front and a .5-.75" drop out back for a nice stance and KILLER handling. Later on I'll replace the rear arms, do body bushings and get a LARGE rear sway bar.

So, my question is....has anyone here used the adjustable upper a-arms? I'm a little apprehensive because it's just adding one more thing to the front end that can loosen up over time.....or the threads could just freeze. What I do like is that it makes room for HUGE front brakes later on without doing the B-body spindle/brake swap. The tall BJ's improve steering geometry too. I know I could use the UBMachine arms, but have heard mixed reviews. I just keep coming back to this setup. Any input? anyone? Thanks!!

RAMAIR1 said:
So, I keep researching options for my front end rebuild here, Turbobuick(s).com and MCSS.com. I've come up with a bunch of options. I like these arms (under products, then suspension packages, then Street Comp 2). If I use this set up with stock lowers, tall ball joints and QA-1/Eibachs I should get about a 1.5"-2" drop up front and a .5-.75" drop out back for a nice stance and KILLER handling. Later on I'll replace the rear arms, do body bushings and get a LARGE rear sway bar.

So, my question is....has anyone here used the adjustable upper a-arms? I'm a little apprehensive because it's just adding one more thing to the front end that can loosen up over time.....or the threads could just freeze. What I do like is that it makes room for HUGE front brakes later on without doing the B-body spindle/brake swap. The tall BJ's improve steering geometry too. I know I could use the UBMachine arms, but have heard mixed reviews. I just keep coming back to this setup. Any input? anyone? Thanks!!

I have the PolePositon adj street uppers. It took using some different parts then supplied, ir 3+5" arms with a flat BJ plate, but it's working fine so far.

I'm using them with the 02 camaro 12 rotors, and stock spindles.

I had the B-Body Spindles, and these are alot better.

We just switched to Pole position adjustables, Truck upper ball joints, steel UB lower Bushings and a Hollow 36mm sway bar on the Pontiac 2+2 which has eibach springs and non adjustable Koni's. At the Big Bend Race we lost a ground wire which killed the voltage to the fuel pump (and limited our top speed to a cutting out 120, the last 20 miles) but before that we were Averaging 147 mph for the first 40 miles and it felt like another drive in the park.

For High speed handling this is a very good set up. We have another race in a month on a tighter course. we'll see how it does.

Thanks for the replies guys. That's pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm still a little apprehensive about adding more parts that can loosen up or sieze. However, I'm more willing to accept those possibilities than the guaranteed bump steer I'll inherit going with B-bod spindles. Guess it's time to start ordering parts. :D