Acura NSX coudn't believe it

kjhansen

Caught an Acura NSX at a light Sat night. He jumped off the line (mid engine & rwd make for great traction!) but I ran him down and passed him in second gear and into third. Nice clear road, no cross roads, no traffic in front of us. We both cruised on to the local cruise night and he was a good sport. Shook my hand and we talked about cars a bit. He claimed it was his first loss ever. Good run.
Keith

Good kill I always wanted to run one but I always see them going the other way. I wondered how one of our cars would do against them.

I was pulling on him pretty hard when I hit the brakes. I think if it had been a full 1/4 mile I'd have had him by over 10 cars.
Keith

A friend of mine has one. He never made it to the track with me. He said there is no way he could stay close in the 1/4. However, if it were a road course, he'd eat me alive.

I saw probably 20 of them at gunther toodys about a month ago, must have been some big get toghther, very nice looking cars. I wanted to pull into the parking lot and look at a few, but didn't have time :(

Originally posted by Captain Mark
I'd love to have one with the Buick Turbo motor! Sweet

hahahah, I'd love to see that stuffed into the back of a wheelstanding NSX. Poor thing would have about 75% of its weight in the rear end :p

they are ready have a vsix in them:D i think they have 270 or 280 horse but are not that fast in the 1/4. but having the turbo 3.8 would be bad-ass light car fast and good handling. but at almost 100grand thats alright.
-Tim

I raced a red recent one NSX last season, I gave him the jump (like I always do :rolleyes: ) and took a couple of cars in no time and just decided to shut it down. With a good driver the recent ones can run 13 flat, even some high 12's with luck. But at the price they are going out that's sure I would never get an NSX. There's a HUUUUUGE lack of torque on the NSX and I could not stand it....I'm used to drive a Turbo Buick what can I say. ;)