Acufab regulator no lower than 40#

EyeTalk2Trees

I kept having problems with my plugs fouling out, every couple months. I checked the pressure at the rail and it was 40 @ static. I tried to turn it down and it won't go any lower, I remember when my combo was totally stock I had it at 34# but now it won't go any lower than 40. Has this happened to anyone else? I'll take the regulator apart, I just hope there isn't some wierd gasket that I can't find to put it back together. Maybe there is some trash in there???

I took it apart and blew out the return line, put it back together and its down to 38#. I'm out of ideas, the adjustment screw is so far to the top it almost falls out. I'm not sure were exactly to set it but I was thinking 35-36 range. Any ideas?

Problem is not the regulator, it's the result of higher pressure and higher voltage(i.e high volume pump & hot wire kit) even @40psi static you should'nt be fouling plugs. Check for causes of rich condition, if all is well you probably have a bad maf sensor.

Boostmaster

good luck gettin that regulator to go down
its just not gonna happen....
i know becuase i have tried 3 different ones and like 38 was, the lowest i could get.

but u shouldnt have to worry because most aftermarket chips are set for 38 -40 psi of fuel for a hot-air car.

id say if your running that rich you have tuning problems else where.

do you have a scantool? if you had the scanmaster you see why your car is adding extra fuel to mix
this is a must-have if you truly care for the car !!!!!
I think the most common reason is your car having an exhaust leak before the turbo. might wanna check for leaks !!!

also do you run a MAf transalor with a impala 3" maf? when you converted over to 87 ecm?

i had an overly rich problem and adjusted my maf translator to 10% lean at idle, and it helped quite a bit

come back with some updates or info when ya get a chance :D

I just replaced the MAF earlier today, I got water in it from a flash flood we had here. I just couldn't get the pressure any lower so I put a resister inline on the fuel pump. Then adjusted the pressure up to 35#.

Maf

I'd be careful with the aftermarket airflow sensors, I went through 5 of them and couldn't get any one of them that was calibrated right. And guess what you may not know this but a bad maf will among other problems cause severe KR!!!!

i'd still suggest asking for a Scanmaster 2.1 for xmas, lol

you got quite a bit of stuff done to you car, and you truly have no idea of hows its running without 1

:D

yes i only have Turbo-link, I do have exhaust leaks I'm working on, and I just use the MAF from an 87 TR. I will check everything out might even up the fuel pressure but my o2 voltage is always jumping around even when the car is ideling nice and smooth. what is a normal o2 number to shoot for at idle?