Actuator arm stuck out??

CombatComProg

My buddy's turbo car is getting really low boost at WOT. Pulling the actuator arm off of the wastegate wing arm, we saw that the arm was actually holding the wastegate slightly open, as we could now move the flap further closed. With the flap in the closed position, the hole of the arm stuck out a bit past the nob on the swing-arm. This is a stock arm and actuator unit. Does this mean he has a bad actuator? Is this fixable, or does he need a new actuator? Thanks

When the actuator arm is functioning correctly..... whith the arm unhooked.... you have to pull the arm out slightly to get it to go over wastegate puck shaft.... if you have to open puck slightly to re-fasten to wastergate actuator..... something is @#$@@! up........

Sounds like an ATR downpipe to me. Lucky it did not get stuck shut. Stop driving car ASAP.

No, it's a factory downpipe and factory actuator. The car has about 88K miles on it. Can actuator arms get stuck out?? That's what appears to be the case here. I've evern disconnected the vacuum line to the turbo, and no boost spike -still the same boost level! I removed the arm to check and see if the wastegate flap moved freely, and it does perfectly. I do have to open the wastegate flap to get the arm to connect to the flap. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

If your actuator has not been bent or broken..... something is screwed up. It doesn't have a threaded part on the arm and a sleeve and a jam nut does it? I know you said it was factory.... but mine is too... except I modified it to be adjustable.... and if the rod has been lengthened too long... it will do that......

If all the stuff I mentioned above checks out..... you most likely (IMO) need another wastegate actuator.

What boost are you running? (assuming it would work correctly)?