Accumulator ball replacements?

Coelacanth

While I was searching eBay for GN accumulator balls, I discovered that the Saab 900 from the same era used possibly the same unit...and when I did some searching for that item, it led me to a whole bunch of accumulator balls for many import cars that all appear to be very similar...if not identical. They're for Mitsubishi, Jaguar, Mercedes and a whack of others.

Example from a Google search of "Saab accumulator ball" gives you some idea; check out the images:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=saab...SJkd_UAhUH_4MKHXrUAXsQsAQIPw&biw=1813&bih=897

Has anybody tried one of these and seen if they work? One difference I've noticed is the Jag units have a round fitting on top rather than the welded-on hex nut. That might make R & R interesting. But as you could imagine, with the greater supply of these than the repro Buick-specific units, prices are a quarter of the typical $400 - $500 USD price.

Just found myself intrigued and was wondering about it.

It's been brought up before. I think the threads might be different...

And some may have different internal pressures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ebay, why don't you try the TR specific, German-made Hydac accumulator ball for a fraction of the price. Plus, it's brand new and comes with a 1 year warranty. The seller has sold over 100 of em and has 100% feedback. It says the item is located in Lake Forest, CA, I wonder if the seller is part of this board? Or if anyone here has any feedback bout using this German Hydac ball in their TR?
Screenshot_20170628-112000.png

On ebay, why don't you try the TR specific, German-made Hydac accumulator ball for a fraction of the price. Plus, it's brand new and comes with a 1 year warranty. The seller has sold over 100 of em and has 100% feedback. It says the item is located in Lake Forest, CA, I wonder if the seller is part of this board? Or if anyone here has any feedback bout using this German Hydac ball in their TR?View attachment 305559
I've run that one before. It works well.

On ebay, why don't you try the TR specific, German-made Hydac accumulator ball for a fraction of the price. Plus, it's brand new and comes with a 1 year warranty. The seller has sold over 100 of em and has 100% feedback. It says the item is located in Lake Forest, CA, I wonder if the seller is part of this board? Or if anyone here has any feedback bout using this German Hydac ball in their TR?View attachment 305559

I have one of these on my car and one on the shelf as back up. It's been great for more than two years now.

I have not heard of that one failing, unlike the original silkscreened ones. Had the Hydac on my GN for several years.