Accufab TB & GM IAC adapter ???

KWIKR 1

okay lets see if I can explain this right . :) I'm installing a FAST GM IAC adapter on a Accufab Ford 90mm TB . The IAC adapter can go on one of 2 ways positioning the IAC either to the right or the left of TB . but in each postion the air inlet to IAC pintle is different in relation to what side of the TB blade . Does this matter or can the adapter go on either way ? am I making sense as to what I'm trying to ask ? :) thanks .

Attachments

• 11-100-0141_l.jpg
    11-100-0141_l.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 304
I have looked at this in the past when I ran out of space on a stage motor. Although its clear that the IAC was made to flow in one direction ,im almost positive it will work facing either way. The valve is gonna open in either side in an attempt to keep the idle commanded by the ECU.

If using a FAST or XFI , you could play with the IAC gain to get it to respond faster if there was an issue.

I have looked at this in the past when I ran out of space on a stage motor. Although its clear that the IAC was made to flow in one direction ,im almost positive it will work facing either way. The valve is gonna open in either side in an attempt to keep the idle commanded by the ECU.

If using a FAST or XFI , you could play with the IAC gain to get it to respond faster if there was an issue.

Thanks Louie , the cenus from others that I have ask seems to be the same . even with one person suggesting I ditch the IAC . it will be primarily a street driven car so I think keeping the IAC would be a benefit . :)