Accufab 70mm users- whistle?

turbosam6

My cars suck
Just put one on today. I have a high pitched whistle at about 2000 rpm. Its only there for about a 200 rpm spread, then its gone. It sounds kinda cool, just wondering if its normal.

Originally posted by turbosam6
Just put one on today. I have a high pitched whistle at about 2000 rpm. Its only there for about a 200 rpm spread, then its gone. It sounds kinda cool, just wondering if its normal.

Mine doesn't, but I've had engine/TB/Carb combinations that have done it. Usually at lower RPM, thou. Might have to do with the posistion of the butterfly over the IAC or vac block holes, and it acting like a whistle at that position.

70mm Accufab whistle

I have a whistle on mine, though it sounds like it's different than yours. Mine does it whenever I back off of the throttle from a low (1PSI or less) boost condition, and sounds like an electric capacitor recharging for a strobe. I've been looking for anything that may be pressurizing and billowing under boost, then releasing once the pressure is reduced. I still haven't found it. I can hear it coming from the K&N filter if I rev the car up while looking under the hood. I never really thought to look into the throttle body as a source.

Eric

My whistle was because my vacuum block was not tight enough on the throttle body.

Tighten up the two bolts and see what happens.

if you have a hi blm prob the whistle is probably the TB shaft seals leaking vacuum. mine were bad and i had crazy blms and a odd narrow rpm band whistle right as the throttle is cracked.

i know this may be somewhat off topic but was it new when you bought it? were there any hoes drilled in the throttle blade? i had a friend drill holes in his throttle body on his lt-1 motor and it made a whistle sounded like the car had a supercharger on it honestly

It was new, theres no holes in it. Its tight on the plenum, double checked it. Doubt the shaft seals are bad, since its new. It runs fine, just got a whistle. Maybe normal? My LT1 Camaro had a wicked whistle after going to a larger TB.

I have the accufab 70mm TB on my GN no problems or whistles :cool: works good nice piece :)

Jim