Accessory bracket

daviss

Does anyone have a picture of their engine with the AC eliminator pulley installed on the factory bracket. I've got the idler/tensioner and power steering all figured out but I eliminated my AC compressor and don't remember what goes where and attaches to what and how the alternator mounts to what. It's been over a year since I took this thing apart and should have paid more attention when I did it.

Also, what size belt is needed after removing the compressor in favor of the AC eliminator (the one that Cotton sells). It doesn't come with any info, just a pulley in a box.

Steve

I did do a search and could not find exactly what I was looking for.

Found what I needed for the belt. As far as the pulley goes, I know I can make it work but would like to see how it was INTENDED to be installed.

Please?

Steve

Since noone has a picture of what it should look like, can someone verify that this is right before I take it back apart to paint it up. I guess I can cut the extra tab off of the compressor "Y" bracket. I don't ever plan on reinstalling the AC so I don't mind cutting it up

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• 101_1534.jpg
    101_1534.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 369
  • 101_1535.jpg
    101_1535.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 101_1536.jpg
    101_1536.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 251
Steve, looks correct to me.
Why did you remove the AC?
Is the compressor still good?
Shoot me a buzz.

Bryan

the belt in those pics is too long (no im not guessing, im certain of it ) it should be atleast another 1/2" shorter

Shoot me a buzz.

Bryan

i dont know his situation but looking at his sig if he's coming from an 84 hotair the compressor on the car wouldnt be of any use for this conversion , wrong pulley setup..the 84 compressor is vbelt not serpentine,

i dont know his situation but looking at his sig if he's coming from an 84 hotair the compressor on the car wouldnt be of any use for this conversion , wrong pulley setup..the 84 compressor is vbelt not serpentine,

Damn, your good. I hadn't even paid attention to the sig but the REALLY stupid thing is that the last time I spoke with him on the phone he told me he had a conversion! LOL. I am now going to grab another drink.

Thanks

Bryan

Shoot me a buzz.

Bryan

What's up buddy. The compressor IS still good as far as I know. To clear up any confusion, my car is not a hot-air conversion. Its an LC2 swap that was done when I bought the car. I took the AC out just to clean up the engine bay a little. Its not a true turbo car from the factory so I don't mind cutting it up. The VIN has it as a NA 3.8 car. I'll give you a call this weekend. I just have to get a couple little odds and ends done and the motor is going back in.

Steve

the belt in those pics is too long (no im not guessing, im certain of it ) it should be atleast another 1/2" shorter

Just curious, how can you tell from the pic. Is it because the tensioner pulley is straight down? I know I need a shorter belt, I just threw that one on to verify the alignment of the pulleys.

Steve

Steve, call me when you can. If you keep going at it you are going to have your car running before me. My motor and tranny are in, just doing other stuff now and busy with work. Still need a double pumper and a set of TA valve covers. My compressor sucks... and somehow lost the two long bolts when I sent stuff to get powder-coated.

Bryan

If you need a compressor, we can work something out. As far as I know it's still good. I never used the ac because it needed a charge. Besides I've got the astro-roof and never really take it out when it's really hot.

I might just get this thing back together before you. I really just need to go back through and double check everything. Make sure I didn't do anything stupid and it's ready to drop in. Got the hoist ready and cleaned up the engine bay. I just want to be sure everything is right before I take it off the stand.

I'll give you a call tomorrow if you'll be around. Let me know