Accell 42.5-lb injectors

BillyRValentine

Capricorn
I was curious to know if anyone has used or is currently using the Accell 42.5-lb injectors. I have a spare set that I was going to put into a recently aquired 87-T but have not used the Accell units in a Turbo Buick. I have used them in Mustangs and LS cars without issue. Any thoughts and experiences on the injectors and best chips (Alky) for them are appreciated.

Hey Billy. I personally have no knowledge of an accel injector, but after the coil pack incident I had when I purchased an accel unit, I won't put anything accel in by Buick ever again. Now I know its a stretch and two totally different functioning pieces of equipment, but I now have my reserve about anything accel. As for chip making, most will recommend going through Eric from Turbotweak.com as he is well known and proven to be the best at making chips for specific combos. Hope this helps and good luck!!

If you're already running 10.5s why would you need to change them? Is your DC too high? And if so why not 60s?

I am sure Accel is not making injectors, but sourcing them from a major manufacturer.

We used many 36# Accel injectors years ago and the were made by Bosch, but instead of a blue top like the Ford injectors, there are yellow, and some local cars are still using them.

He said they were going into a recently acquired TR, probably hasn't put it in his signature yet.

Ding!!! We have a winner. You are correct sir.

I am sure Accel is not making injectors, but sourcing them from a major manufacturer.

We used many 36# Accel injectors years ago and the were made by Bosch, but instead of a blue top like the Ford injectors, there are yellow, and some local cars are still using them.

I believe the 42's are made by Bosch as well. Thank you for the info Nick, it is appreciated. I figure if I have a flow matched set of them laying around why not use them if possible. Thanks again.

Hey Billy. I personally have no knowledge of an accel injector, but after the coil pack incident I had when I purchased an accel unit, I won't put anything accel in by Buick ever again. Now I know its a stretch and two totally different functioning pieces of equipment, but I now have my reserve about anything accel. As for chip making, most will recommend going through Eric from Turbotweak.com as he is well known and proven to be the best at making chips for specific combos. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Thank you.