Accel GEN 7 DFI

1Qwick6

Who in the world of Buicks is selling & supporting the Accel Gen 7 DFI, I am trying to get some prices's & I guess if I have to go out Buick world I will do so

1Qwick6 said:
Who in the world of Buicks is selling & supporting the Accel Gen 7 DFI, I am trying to get some prices's & I guess if I have to go out Buick world I will do so

I am going to suggest Lonnie. Extreme Automatics also. "He is the master of the Gen VII" (also from what I have seen one of the most honest guys you will ever meet). A friend of mine Switched from the FAST system to the Gen VII, and he bought his from Lonnie. I have to say I am impressed with the Gen VII in my friend’s car.

Just remember some of the features will not work safely unless you swtich to using a distributer. Two step, boost/ rpm rev limiter.

Norbs . The two step and rev limiter will work without a distributor. It is more violent with dis but it does work. Lonnie knows the Gen 7 very well.

Yes but it will do violent backfires, which i do not like. I experimented one day with the over boost rev limiter at 25 psi, the backfires were huge!

norbs said:
Yes but it will do violent backfires, which i do not like. I experimented one day with the over boost rev limiter at 25 psi, the backfires were huge!

I've yet to have anything like this happen and routinely use the two step.

Gm

If you use anything other than the GM module with the DIS, the Gen. 7 will experience some of these problems.

It happens randomly, no i don't have the distributor hooked up, but will be happy when it makes at least 20 more hp.:) I did use the factory module also.

I vote for Lonnie as well. He spent over 5 hours of his personnal time helping me with my DFI for absolutly nothing. He even wanted me to call him on his house phone to let me know whats going on. He had knowlage that even DFI didnt know. (Bad batch of harnesses)
'
Thanks again Lonnie