Accel gen 6 program for 50#'s

whtturbot

Does anyone have a good program for the dfi gen 6 for 50 pound injectors? Im going crazy trying to get this darn thing to idle. I have just changed the O2 sensor. Im not so much worried about it being dead on at the high end, but the low end would be great! Also what should the thottle plates be set at and also the tps. PLEASE HELP

Combo: 210 roller,pte-61,ported heads, stock location intercooler,50 pound injectors.

p.s. Im going to the trake next weekend, need this thing running right !

Thanks,

Jeff C
87T

If you would buy a wideband or borrow one its not that hard to tune. WIth 50's is would say you need about #22-26 in the idle cells. However I upgrade to a BS3 or fast would be a step in the right direction.

Norbs,

I have tried to get the car to idle with that value in the cells, however it seem that anything lower then say 32-33 and the car dies ! My buddy owns a speed shop with a dyno, we had it on there and tried to tune on it. He has the wide band on his dyno. It just seems that if the car has lower then the above metioned values, when it shifted from park to drive the car dies, or it will idle very poorly. I have messed with pretty much every table I could with no luck. Hell at this point BS3 is probably my next step, the guy tuning at my friends shop is pretty sharp with that software. Thank you for the response. Any other advice is appreciated.

Jeff C.
87T

Well thats just a ball park figure, if you had the wideband plugged in what was the a/f ratio at idle. Those numbers depend on fuel psi and many things like torque converter weight engine cid etc. If it needs higher numbers thats fine. If you have a big vacuum leak it will cause it to die in gear also and run rough. With the wideband you should set the idle a/f ratio in gear to about 13.7 ish by adjusting the cells. Avoid huge changes between the cells. Timing affects the fueling too, whats the timing at?

Norbs,

The idle timing is at 26 deg.for idle. 19 deg. for full load. I guess im not to far off on the fuel cells because i believe the A/F was somewhere around 13/1 at idle reading the wide band. Im a litttle unsure where to set the fuel pressure at, im currently around 48 vac line off. On the dyno pulls the car would start off rich then go to the lean side. We tried playing with the effected cells but no real change for the bettter. I believe it was the fuel pump so Ive changed it since. I can tell you when I turn on the A/C the engine really struggles to idle. Is there any way to send you the progam im running ? I had the car out last night and i got it running good for 19 pounds of boost, any higher and it needs something ! Id like to stay with the accel but man that BS3 looks good, just not the price. Thanks again for the help.

Jeff C.
87T

I/m struggling with a fuel problem my self, makes the tuning almost impossible sometimes. If you want a quick fix you could get a kenne bell boost a pump. They work well i have increased my fuel delivery to 1.5 gal.min from 1 gal min. I will have a look at your file send to norbz@sympatico.ca You can log the duty cycle and see whats going on too. Remember the timing is usually 5-6 degrees out so if you have 20 on the map consider it in real life to be 25.

Norbs,

I have the current program saved to a disk, I will try to send them to your email. If you get then please look them over, tell me what you think. If you dont get them, please tell me how to send them. I hope i have my pump issues fixed, if not im thinking about putting the other pump back in, sort of like a double pumper set up.

Thanks,

Jeff C
87 T