Accel DFI Vers. 6 ERROR # 68#

dees75z

Have had problems trying to get any pc to comunicate with ECU. Any guesses?? why this code shows up before I can even get to the main screen???

thanks,
dee

??

Have had problems trying to get any pc to comunicate with ECU. Any guesses?? why this code shows up before I can even get to the main screen???

thanks,
dee

What's error 68 consist of?
Doesn't the old DFI use DOS??

I don't remember what code 68 is but the gen6 dfi runs in dos only and requires an old slow computer to link up. We're talking 25 or 50 mhz computer. Hope this helps.

Well that is what I have is an old POS pc, lol. I am getting really frustrated with this!!!! URG!!!! I do not how better i can explain:

Click on calmap.exe tries to go to dos and that is when this ERROE#68# comes up on the top of the screen. I guess I will have to find another pc then, lol

thanks,
dee

I have a thinkpad pentium 4 2.0 ghz processer laptop and runs dfi just fine.
YOu have to install a dual boot operating system with windows 98 for it to work.

But in your case you serial port is disabled in th BIOS, press f1 during boot up or some other key like Delete and get to the bios menu and make sure the serial port is enabled. Error #68 is what you will get with no serial port working. Also calmap has to be installed in C:\calmap as the root folder or when you try to load a file it will come up "path not found".

communicating with ecm on ibm 600 laptop

Put calmap on computer, hook cable to laptop, run program and all I get is negociating with ecm. During the process, it just beep a lot. The cable is new and software downloaded from site. Is the next step playing with port speed? How do you do that on ibm thinkpad 600??????

You need make sure the serial port is enabled in the bios, before you do anything and you have win 95 or win 98 on the machine. Press f1 during bootup and find the serial port and see if its enabled. If it is you need to make sure com 1 is listed under comports in device manager. Also disable the infrared port as it usually hijacks the comports.