AC questions

Chuckd

I've been searching for the solutiuon with no luck.

Here's the problem, The compresor on my 87 T will not come on. I've tried to jump the low pressure switch with no luck. The compressor will not even cycle.

Am I missing a relay, or a fuse that not in the fuse block?

It was 103* here yesterday. HELP PLEASE!!!

First off, do you have power to the low pressure switch? Feel like driving to just north of Waco?:biggrin:

Power comes from the fuse box to the select switch in the controll head. From there out to the cycling switch. From the cycling swich in the accumulator it goes to two places. The ecm as an ac request and to the ac relay mounted on the passengers inner fender on the relay bracket. As stated check 12 volts on one side of the cycling switch connector. I think its the green wire. If you have that and you jump it with car running there should be a slight idle bump showing that the ecm saw the request. From there find the relay. Should have power at the relay and then another power when the switch is jumped. The ecm controlls the ground on the relay. If you have power and ground on terminals 85 and 86 then jump 30 and 87 and see if the compressor engages. If not need to see when all those are jumped if you have power at the clutch coil. If you have power at the clutch coil and no ground check the high pressure cut off switch in the back of the compressor. Hope this helps

I'm embarrassed to say I found the problem.

The plug on the bottom of the A/C compressor also needs to be plugged in. 2 plugs on the compressor.

Plugged it in last night and whala!!

Thanks for taking the time to help out.