AC not blowing

fedcop007

Hello just wanted to know if you could diagnose my issue with my new car I bought I have a 1986 Buick grand national, I am having issues when I turn on the AC it works but it's not blowing out cold air? Suggestions? Is it a part I need? Last owner said there was an issue with the blend door? Does this sound right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to beat up on a new member, but AC issues with a GN is hard enough to diagnose with a car in the driveway, and more difficult with the little info provided?

It can be an actuator not working, is it even putting out cold air out any vents, compressor working, low or no freon, fuse blown, and so on. :confused:

With the hood up, verify that the compressor is engaging, if it is, cycle thru the selector switch and listen for movement (actuator like Nick said)
Assuming the blower motor is sending air thru the vents in other positions ?? Heat, Vent ??

Tell us these things, then we can get closer.

With the hood up, verify that the compressor is engaging, if it is, cycle thru the selector switch and listen for movement (actuator like Nick said)
Assuming the blower motor is sending air thru the vents in other positions ?? Heat, Vent ??

Tell us these things, then we can get closer.

Check the vacume line running from the vacume canister to the vacume block mine was broke and would not do anything but blow defrost and at the feet felt like the air wasn't doing anything assuming that the pump is engaging if it has been converted and the pressure is correct if they haven't ajusted the pressure switch on the accumealatior the pump won't engage but like everyone has said it gets complicated after the simple stuff without the car being in front of ya good luck maybe it's the vacume line

The blend door is actuated by the bottom lever on your controls. It's mechanical. If you fold your glove box down all the way down you'll see where it attaches to the "blend" door lever. See if it's functioning. Maybe you can set the lever by hand and leave it for the summer.