ac delco stg1 remanufacterd motor

think you mean SG1
its just a 109 block that was used for service replacements and in the TTAs

any1 have any experience good or bad with one.

the GM short blocks that were sold as replacements were SG blocks after 88------but they were not remanfactured they were new blocks with crank, pistons, rods--------there were some GM remanufactured engines (long blocks) but if they are like the ones that I have seen they are poorly done------ie not turbo pistons/not turbo cam/not turbo head gaskets-----do you have a part # for the one that you have-------

ac delco 12364681 longblock .everything i come up with searching the # says turbo replacement block

ac delco 12364681 longblock .everything i come up with searching the # says turbo replacement block

I had a feeling that was what you were looking at--------if you go to the GM parts book you will see that even as far back as 88 only the short block was available for the VIN 7 engine-----there was a long block available early on but it was only for special warranty claims and was not listed in the parts catalogue and it had a different part # -------I bought one of those engines from someplace in texas about a year ago-----can't remember exactly where or from whom but the guy said he had several------I was going to buy them all but bought only one to see exactly what it was since it did not seem to show up in the GM system-------it was bored 40 over-----did not have turbo pistons----cannot remember if the crank was correct but memory says it was not right either------did not have a turbo cam-----did not have turbo head gaskets------did not have the correct head bolts for a turbo motor and did not have sps bolts in the rods etc.---------something really strange about those motors but i can say one thing for sure-------if you expect it to be a replacement for a hi performance GN prepare to be dissapointed---------i do remember that i called to see if he had any that were bored perhaps only 20 or 30 over and he did not have any--------i obviously did not buy any more and it is still sitting on the shelf--------buyer beware.................RC

Many years ago I went through three of the VIN7 replacement short blocks from GM. One spun a bearing on start up, the second one had crooked head bolt holes, the third one I pulled it apart to check everything out and found a rod bearing installed spun. Fixed everything correctly and that engine ran for years at 10.7-11.2. Check EVERYTHING carefully prior to install.

Many years ago I went through three of the VIN7 replacement short blocks from GM. One spun a bearing on start up, the second one had crooked head bolt holes, the third one I pulled it apart to check everything out and found a rod bearing installed spun. Fixed everything correctly and that engine ran for years at 10.7-11.2. Check EVERYTHING carefully prior to install.

perhaps ------but at least the short blocks had 3.800 bores, turbo pistons and new unturned crank

The last one the guy sold on ebay was a 60 over block...the one now has no gm rebuild plate on it

The last one the guy sold on ebay was a 60 over block...the one now has no gm rebuild plate on it

here is a pic of the real thing-------brand new VIN7 complete engine--------GM part # 966640 can be seen printed on the crate---------even came with oil in the sump------- original black grooved PF 47 all you needed was a crank pulley and accesory bracket--------fine one of these and its worth all the money------................RC

Attachments

• DSC01359.jpg
    DSC01359.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC01356.jpg
    DSC01356.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 196