AC Delco Battery Replcements

samgauto

The battery in my X is a Delco 78PG (installed by first owner). It failed my tester and seems like the correct one for our cars is the 75 Series so I bought the 75VPG which is the longer lasting one. The battery is not as long and slides around left to right with the top clamp fastened. Seems like the 78 series was wider and a more perfect fit. The 78PG is discontinued. Looking to see what everyone is going with that fits correctly in the Delco line.

75 is correct the battery
mostlikely it slides around because someone ground off the tab at the bottom of the plastic wheelhouse that keeps it from moving to fit the 78 there

Do you know where that tab would be on the wheekhouse if you're standing in front of the car looking down at the top of the battery?

I see a rough area which would be that right side looking down from front, more toward the firewall end of the battery so you figured it out. Thanks. I'll try to figure something to keep it from sliding.

I just paid $230 for the exact same ACDelco 75PG Gold series battery I paid $165 for in early 2021.

But the economy is doing GREAT for the average American, right?

FJB and his clown posse.

I just paid $230 for the exact same ACDelco 75PG Gold series battery I paid $165 for in early 2021. I was 3 months out of warranty...

But the economy is doing GREAT for the average American, right?

FJB and his insane clown posse.