AC compressor shuts off at throttle

Perpendicular

I was in, but now out.
Question for all the AC guru's....

I am working out a kink on my A/C system in that if I am under any throttle (say, above half pedal maybe) the A/C compressor kicks off and thereby blowing hot air on me.

While this is a GREAT way to save gas in the heat as this teaches you to never give the car alot of throttle, this makes it rather uncomfortable in 95 degrees.

Looking through the manuals they talk about a sensor on the pedal that will disengage the clutch when you punch it. It also talks about overriding that when you are in overdrive, which also doesn't happen. I find no such sensor on the pedal mechanism and dunno where it may even be. No apparent place for it to attach to either?

Does anyone know where that switch is on the pedal and how it can be adjusted? I must be missing something rather easy here :(

I dont know about that switch but anything on TPS over 3.75 (maybe 4.00) will shut it down. How's your TPS? Adjusted & working properly? Start there.
read here about it some.
Vortex Buicks

There is no separate switch on the TR's, but in the chip it shuts off the AC when the tps is over about 4V, as ja6 said. Since you don't want the extra load of the ac when you are making boost anyway (hint, hint), some chipmakers actually cut this down to 2.5 or 3V. Either cruise with the ac on and don't mash on it, or cool the engine down and go make max boost - try not to live in the middle :).

You haven't removed your vacuum res ball have you? This won't make the ac clutch disengage but it will give you warm air at the vents when you get in the gas. So will a vac leak in the HVAC system.

Just a thought - is the hot air air actually blowing out of the dash vents, or could the cool air be blowing out of the floor/defroster vents instead? I had a vacuum issue that caused a similar situation.

Rob

Thanks, everyone, for the assistance with this!

I now have some things to check out and verify there isn't any issues. Thankfully I have tomorrow off work to play with the toy :)

post up what you found so it will help someone who does a search in the future....