ABS code scanner

Sal Lubrano

The car industry is really pissing me off. Why do they make it so hard for a vehicle owner to repair their own car. My friend has an ABS code on his Jeep Grand and we have no way of retrieving the code. It will be a cold day in hell before the dealer get the money to pull a code. I have looked at the Actron abs scanner but it only covers "most" domestic vehicles. This jeep is not listed. Does anyone know of a scanner affordable to the average Joe for ABS. I know snap-on also has one but it cost more than the car. I don't even care if it is PC based and needs to run off a laptop. This is ridiculous.

AutoScanner Plus CP9580

This scanner shows to be able to scan the all the way back to a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The link is the coverage chart for that scanner and grand cherokee is on page 12 of 81.

http://actron.com/publish/2010/05/28/Chart_16364.pdf

It shows a price of $299 which is prolly more than the dealer would charge.

My current autozone has it for $229. This is also a good scanner because f the code connect feature which tells you the three most common fixes for your particular DTC.

Hope that helps,

Jerry jr.

The car industry is really pissing me off. Why do they make it so hard for a vehicle owner to repair their own car. My friend has an ABS code on his Jeep Grand and we have no way of retrieving the code. It will be a cold day in hell before the dealer get the money to pull a code. I have looked at the Actron abs scanner but it only covers "most" domestic vehicles. This jeep is not listed. Does anyone know of a scanner affordable to the average Joe for ABS. I know snap-on also has one but it cost more than the car. I don't even care if it is PC based and needs to run off a laptop. This is ridiculous.

If your around chicago I can scan it for you

TY Chopped but I am a long way from there. Waco84GN thanks for the info. I found it for $170 shipped.