? about welded forward drum

Ttype6,
The issues with dual feeding you bring up are mostly correct. The firm shift from 2-3 at WOT is what breaks the stock drums, the band release timing is what causes the bind-up.

If you do not correct this you will feel a bind-up at part throttle on the 2-3.

However you can drill the hole mentioned and correct the problem. I know this because I've done it. It also doesn't create any issues with the 3-2 downshift.

I'm not the only one out there that has done this and made it work.
Chris dual feeds and makes it work, however he does something a bit different with the seperator plate than I do.
blackplaque has done it and IIRc does it like I do by drilling the band release hole larger. I use the "Transgo" style plug in the adjacent hole. Chris does not. Bruce uses this on his units even though he doesn't dual feed.

So despite what you think the hole does, drilling it DOES fix the issues and you can get a very clean but not brutal 2-3 shift at WOT.

Setting the band clearance, using a properly prepped direct drum, setting the direct clearance, and using a good forward drum should be mandatory on a performance 200-4R IMO. These are just the things you do to make it work right.

If the 200-4R used a gear style pump, instead of a vane pump, I would be more easily convinced that jacking the line pressure up is a better idea, but you can use a billet rotor, slide, and chromoly rings, you still have the flimsy vanes pushing fluid...

Ttype6

Ive dual fed 2 trannys without a hint of flair or bindup using the dual feeding technique. I don't know the exact specs on the separator plate but I use a CK shift kit that has the plate predrilled and it works like a charm. The 2-3 is very positive but not harsh. It will break the stock drum but at the power level you start needing to dual feed, you should have a good billet unit in there anyways. I would much rather have a too positive WOT upshift than a flare that will kill the clutches after a few hard runs. Ive got hundreds of WOT passes on this tranny at the track and street (alky.. so its always on kill mode) and the shift is as good as it was the first few passes. The side affects of dual feeding are very fixable and very worth it in the end imo. Everytime Ive had huge boost/reverse valves in the pump i ended up wallowing out an anchor pin hole, or sending the servo pin through the band. I now run 215ish-230 psi and it shifts great. Just thought i would reply to your post. Have a good one.