? about notching the frame for wheel clearance

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
I'm missing on just how / what to do this. I can't see it in my head. Does any one have and pics or a good description on what to do? Is this some thing that I should do before putting the roll cage in?

Thanks for any help!

Jason

From what I have seen the frame is cut from the outside inwards all the way to the back rail of the frame.

Done behind the furthest part of the rubber up to the frontmost part of the rubber, basically the whole wheelwell area.

The piece that is cut off contains the whole front part of the rail and some small side pieces on each end since the rail is basically rectangular and hollow.

They trim the piece that was removed and reweld it back onto the exposed rear frame rail for another layer and strenghening.

And it makes a finished surface that is now real thin compared to the stock rectangular piece, it is two thicknesses of metal back to back, no longer a box.

The opened up square parts in front and back of the rubber areas are boxed in nicely with other thick metal.

Easier to describe with pictures. ;)

Thanks salvageV6 for trying. I some what get it, but I think I really need to see it, as you stated. Does any one have pics? Also, does any one know a shop that has done this in MD? Is this some thing that a shop like Anderson Performance could do?

Thanks,
Jason

I would think he would be able to do it, or get it done for you.

Normally a plasma cutter is used and then you just need to weld afterwards.

Jack Cottons place in Mass. is where I saw it done. Came out looking real good too.