A very mean Mitsu Eclipse

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I had a brief tangle with this guy a few weeks back from a roll and pulled him a bit before we had to shut it down due to traffic up ahead. It was obvious to me, then, that this Mitsu was pretty bad @$$, but I had a little more than he did and would have left him if we had more room.

Well...he found me again last night on my way to the gym.

I cruised by him on the right not really noticing him, but he noticed me and then hit it a little and then let it out to bark his boost blow off at me "Whhhiiiiissssshhhh - Phooooosssshh!".
It's obvious that thing has a very big non-stock turbo under the hood.

I gave him a hang loose sign and then I rapped my throttle and boost blow off back at him.

He fell in behind me as I made my right turn towards the gym.
We rolled up next to each other slow at the next light...a couple cars head of us so we weren't going anywhere fast.

We started talking and he said he thinks he's a lot faster now because he just installed a new launch/boost controller.

I told him that thing is mean and spools real nice.
Good guy...we showed each other respect and gave props back and forth.

We cruised on for awhile with no hope for a re-match due to traffic....not a good road anyway..., so I finally signalled a right on Dimension to cut over to Bake (a fly by on Uncle Lou's shop after hours) and he followed....he had something to prove.:D

Dimension is not a good road to race on at all, so we kept it civil .... but Bake has a nice stretch and is just ahead.
"Bake"...hee hee....Dinner is in the oven.

As I turned right onto Bake, the road was free and clear ahead so I slowed it to about a 2-3mph roll and let him get along side.

Me: Go when you're ready.:D
Him: You want me to go first?:D
Me: Yeah...go for it!:cool:

He nails it and so do I. His exhaust dump is open and buzzing away in my ear.

Initially he got up a fender while my DR's spun a bit, then when I hooked, I got that fender back.
We stayed pretty even as he shifted 2nd, 3rd and into 4th but I'd get a few inches on him with each shift...still door to door tho.
This mean Mitsu was much faster than the last time.

Once he got up into 4th and then 5th.....he started to pull me....:eek:

He had me by about 1/2 a length before we had to shut it down...turns out...I'm the dinner this time....

We got along side again and are both laughing.

Me: "Well that settles that!"
Him: "Sure does!"

I made another right and went to the gym to work off a little frustration....gave him a couple honks on the horn as I turned left into the gym parking lot and he waved back with a thumbs up as he went on.
I was hoping he'd pull into the lot so I could learn more about his combo, but I'm sure I'll see him again.

I'm still only at 21 lbs of boost and running it pretty fat to keep it safe, so with some tweaks to boost and fuel...I could take him...

....'er maybe I should go get me one of those fancy launch/boost controllers.

If a little mitsu could take you, my X supra car would have walked circles around you boy.. let me know when you want a real tuner do the tunning on your Blackbird :biggrin:

Kick a guy while he's down...real classy.;)

Tell you what...the only way we would have known if your x-Supra could beat me for real would have been to run them....
but I will admit...from my ride you gave me in that little beast, it pulled real good and if you could launch it:D, I think we would have stayed pretty close to each other until we got into top end territory where your gears and aerodynamics would've carried you away.

This Mitsu was heavily worked over. At least I gave it a shot.

I want to know more about it, so I'll be looking for that guy to see if I can learn more...maybe get him to log in here and post...sort of like that guy InlineFour in the low 10 second Acura you were dodging...:p

Hey Chicken , this is my way of making you feel better with math.
That mitsu has at least a 500 lb. advantage on you, so lets do the math. On average for every additional 100 lbs. you lose .1 sec in the 1/4 mile . So at 115mph = 168f/sec. x (.1 sec. x 5) = 84ft. 84ft/ 18ft (length of your car)= 4.6 car lengths. So pound for pound you beat him by 4 cars :D . Next time you to meet up he needs to have 2 fat chicks on board !!

PS. turn up the boost

Kick a guy while he's down...real classy.;)

Tell you what...the only way we would have known if your x-Supra could beat me for real would have been to run them....
but I will admit...from my ride you gave me in that little beast, it pulled real good and if you could launch it:D, I think we would have stayed pretty close to each other until we got into top end territory where your gears and aerodynamics would've carried you away.

This Mitsu was heavily worked over. At least I gave it a shot.

I want to know more about it, so I'll be looking for that guy to see if I can learn more...maybe get him to log in here and post...sort of like that guy InlineFour in the low 10 second Acura you were dodging...:p

:biggrin:

I look foward to the rematch. Sounds like that little Mits was pretty quick. Guess it's time to turn the wick up a few. Good story.

Say it ain't so! Turn up the boost and reclaim your throne! You have to do it for all TB owners everywhere!.....on a side note, if you lift a head, you're on your own for the repair:biggrin:.

Hey Chicken , this is my way of making you feel better with math.
That mitsu has at least a 500 lb. advantage on you, so lets do the math. On average for every additional 100 lbs. you lose .1 sec in the 1/4 mile . So at 115mph = 168f/sec. x (.1 sec. x 5) = 84ft. 84ft/ 18ft (length of your car)= 4.6 car lengths. So pound for pound you beat him by 4 cars :D . Next time you to meet up he needs to have 2 fat chicks on board !!

PS. turn up the boost

Thanks...that helps....I'll try to explain that math to him next time I see him and see if he buys it and accepts his loss like a man.:D

I have a bunch of junk in my trunk too...so that aint helping...

What dynoman said, turn it up, you can get at least 24psi on alky and pump gas if tuned right. ;)

Papa Lou says I'm not aloud to listen to your advice...:D:biggrin:

When you gonna buy a new GN and get back in bidness?

:biggrin:

I knew you'd get a kick out of that name drop...:D

I look foward to the rematch. Sounds like that little Mits was pretty quick. Guess it's time to turn the wick up a few. Good story.

We'll see...
I could probably do myself a favor by getting rid of the stock MAF at this point too and uprading to an LS1 with a xlator.
My stocker is still screened, so I think it starves my air flow a little when I get up high...

It is a pretty mean little Mitsu.

Say it ain't so! Turn up the boost and reclaim your throne! You have to do it for all TB owners everywhere!.....on a side note, if you lift a head, you're on your own for the repair:biggrin:.

When I had Papa Lou put on the ported stockers, he installed head studs too...so I should be pretty safe.

What dynoman said, turn it up, you can get at least 24psi on alky and pump gas if tuned right. ;)

I see a pattern with you all of your TRs are back in Texas, what gives. :biggrin: Dude I didn't even know you had a MK IV Supra, did it go to Texas too ;) I've always wanted one of those

Chicken - more boost pal, your leaving a lot of HP on the table

I see a pattern with you all of your TRs are back in Texas, what gives. :biggrin: Dude I didn't even know you had a MK IV Supra, did it go to Texas too ;) I've always wanted one of those

Harold gets depressed and sells anything that can't beat a 4 banger Acura and ships it out of state...it's really unfortunate...cuz his 10 second capable GN was one of the nicest I've seen.

Yah...you're preacing to the chior on the "more boost" theme. :D
I'm just keeping it safe since this is my daily driver. I'll loose one here and there....but I'll win most....

Harold gets depressed and sells anything that can't beat a 4 banger Acura and ships it out of state...it's really unfortunate...cuz his 10 second capable GN was one of the nicest I've seen.

It wasnt capable it actually did 10's on 22psi ;), the little 4banger that you keep mentioning was fully gutted out with an 88 full bb turbo and probably weight at 2000pnds with driver in it at, for what i heard it made close to 800hp to the wheels, funny thing is when we were at Beto's and I called him out on to a street race right there and then and backed out and wanted nothing to do with the black beast :biggrin:.. a few days later he went out to a dyno to tune it and came back looking for a rematch, but wanted to take it to the track. :rolleyes: go figure LOL

It wasnt capable it actually did 10's on 22psi ;), the little 4banger that you keep mentioning was fully gutted out with an 88 full bb turbo and probably weight at 2000pnds with driver in it at, for what i heard it made close to 800hp to the wheels, funny thing is when we were at Beto's and I called him out on to a street race right there and then and backed out and wanted nothing to do with the black beast :biggrin:.. a few days later he went out to a dyno to tune it and came back looking for a rematch, but wanted to take it to the track. :rolleyes: go figure LOL

Sooooo what's the difference between me gettin spanked by a well worked over Eclipse and you presumably gettin spanked by a well worked over Acura?:confused:

Maybe he didn't street race you that day for the same unknown reason you blew that yellow light last year on the South end of Huntington Beach on the PCH when you and I cold have lined up and tangled with a wide open straight stretch o' road ahead......
He knew he could beat you...just didn't want to do it then and there...:biggrin:

I'm just having fun withya Harold.
Wish you still had that beautiful GN....I miss it...:biggrin:

Harold your full of it... My car weights around 2500 pounds its not gutted full interior with rear seats, even a damn amplifier for the tunes. At that time it was making 689 on a dynojet.At betos house I was on a street tire and second i dont race on the streets personal opinion its unsafe especially on a sunday afternoon.A few days later? More lies anybody can ask beto pete or louis that same day we made a bet for carne asada and beer to met at irwindale and race.And what did you do show up in your HONDA to the track and say you couldnt make it with the gn :rolleyes: But whatever old news buy another gn and let me know fearfed:cool:

If you ever do buy a MK IV Supra TT make sure you research the vin # and make sure its an original twin turbo and not a clone. Some people get fooled all the time :biggrin:

Sooooo what's the difference between me gettin spanked by a well worked over Eclipse and you presumably gettin spanked by a well worked over Acura?:confused:

Maybe he didn't street race you that day for the same unknown reason you blew that yellow light last year on the South end of Huntington Beach on the PCH when you and I cold have lined up and tangled with a wide open straight stretch o' road ahead......
He knew he could beat you...just didn't want to do it then and there...:biggrin:

I'm just having fun withya Harold.
Wish you still had that beautiful GN....I miss it...:biggrin:

Theirs no presumably...he knew he wasnt a match;)

Yah...you're preacing to the chior on the "more boost" theme. :D
I'm just keeping it safe since this is my daily driver. I'll loose one here and there....but I'll win most....

Your running real low boost for an alky car so what about your timing, where do you have it? Even at 22 psi my E-85 car really came alive with 25-26 degrees timing. Too bad you can't get E-85 cause E-85 will always make more power than the same car with alky injection, anywhere from 10-15%

I had a brief tangle with this guy a few weeks back from a roll and pulled him a bit before we had to shut it down due to traffic up ahead. It was obvious to me, then, that this Mitsu was pretty bad @$$, but I had a little more than he did and would have left him if we had more room.

Well...he found me again last night on my way to the gym.

I cruised by him on the right not really noticing him, but he noticed me and then hit it a little and then let it out to bark his boost blow off at me "Whhhiiiiissssshhhh - Phooooosssshh!".
It's obvious that thing has a very big non-stock turbo under the hood.

I gave him a hang loose sign and then I rapped my throttle and boost blow off back at him.

He fell in behind me as I made my right turn towards the gym.
We rolled up next to each other slow at the next light...a couple cars head of us so we weren't going anywhere fast.

We started talking and he said he thinks he's a lot faster now because he just installed a new launch/boost controller.

I told him that thing is mean and spools real nice.
Good guy...we showed each other respect and gave props back and forth.

We cruised on for awhile with no hope for a re-match due to traffic....not a good road anyway..., so I finally signalled a right on Dimension to cut over to Bake (a fly by on Uncle Lou's shop after hours) and he followed....he had something to prove.:D

Dimension is not a good road to race on at all, so we kept it civil .... but Bake has a nice stretch and is just ahead.
"Bake"...hee hee....Dinner is in the oven.

As I turned right onto Bake, the road was free and clear ahead so I slowed it to about a 2-3mph roll and let him get along side.

Me: Go when you're ready.:D
Him: You want me to go first?:D
Me: Yeah...go for it!:cool:

He nails it and so do I. His exhaust dump is open and buzzing away in my ear.

Initially he got up a fender while my DR's spun a bit, then when I hooked, I got that fender back.
We stayed pretty even as he shifted 2nd, 3rd and into 4th but I'd get a few inches on him with each shift...still door to door tho.
This mean Mitsu was much faster than the last time.

Once he got up into 4th and then 5th.....he started to pull me....:eek:

He had me by about 1/2 a length before we had to shut it down...turns out...I'm the dinner this time....

We got along side again and are both laughing.

Me: "Well that settles that!"
Him: "Sure does!"

I made another right and went to the gym to work off a little frustration....gave him a couple honks on the horn as I turned left into the gym parking lot and he waved back with a thumbs up as he went on.
I was hoping he'd pull into the lot so I could learn more about his combo, but I'm sure I'll see him again.

I'm still only at 21 lbs of boost and running it pretty fat to keep it safe, so with some tweaks to boost and fuel...I could take him...

....'er maybe I should go get me one of those fancy launch/boost controllers.

Street racing leaves alot of grey areas.

By letting him go first you could be giving him .500 sec or more.

Also ANY tire spin, even a little will GREATLY hurt your time. Another .500 sec

And you didn't say, but did you leave with any boost? If not there's a whole 1.0 sec.

Do you see any knock @ 21..? you got 50 more H.P. in there somewhere.

You just got beat by a 13 or 12.8 car.

You could easily smoke his azz.