A very mean Mitsu Eclipse

Wow!

And to think that I was going to go to the movies tonight. :D

PopcornHugeBags.jpg

We've got more than enough entertainment right here.

Mike B.

Your running real low boost for an alky car so what about your timing, where do you have it? Even at 22 psi my E-85 car really came alive with 25-26 degrees timing. Too bad you can't get E-85 cause E-85 will always make more power than the same car with alky injection, anywhere from 10-15%

Timing is where Eric set the chip. I don't mess with timing for street use....if things go bad...they go bad faster when the timing is advanced...

I know I could run more boost, but I hammer this thing daily...seriously...it gets abused. So for safety and reliability I keep the boost down at 21.

Street racing leaves alot of grey areas.

By letting him go first you could be giving him .500 sec or more.
Also ANY tire spin, even a little will GREATLY hurt your time. Another .500 sec
And you didn't say, but did you leave with any boost? If not there's a whole 1.0 sec.
Do you see any knock @ 21..? you got 50 more H.P. in there somewhere.
You just got beat by a 13 or 12.8 car.
You could easily smoke his azz.

Trust me...I got beat by a solid mid 11 car. I've been around long enough and taken down enough true 13, 12 second cars...and even an 11 second sport bike... to know that.
I'm tuned to pull off mid/high 11's. Good enough for me...and good enough to beat most of what's on the street.
I'll tune for faster when I go to the track.

Nope...no brake boosting. I just leave with the foot on the floor for the street. It wheel spins enough just doing that. If I brake boost at anything over 0psi, it just blows the tires off. But i get your point...I could do better with better off the line peddle management technique.

I gave him the jump because I was feeling far too confident that I was gonna smoke him based on our previous rolling encounter a few weeks back. He'd done some mods and was also running higher boost this time, so he got me...

No KR at 21 and my O2's are nice and fat over 800. I know there is more in there...but I'm not out to be the street king...I just do it for fun and cuz I like breakin' the laaaaw, breakin' the laaaaw....breakin' the laaaaw, breakin' the laaaaw...

I'm gonna have to find this guy again and get more details on his combo. It faint your average fart can pep boys "tuner"

Dont worry about it i got the real deal. ;)
I thought that thing was a conversion....?
None the less...I'll testify....it was a pretty strong Supra.

And to think that I was going to go to the movies tonight. :D

PopcornHugeBags.jpg

We've got more than enough entertainment right here.

Mike B.

I know, huh.:biggrin:
I'm making popcorn too....:D