A ute (truck) from down under

The clutch let go at about 3500rpm, contamination on the clutch. It made around 300rwhp. I couldn't be bothered repairing the clutch so i got a twin plate rated to around 500rwkw fitted. Sadly haven't had it tuned again since as I'm lazy and it's barely been used

That's the underneath, had it up on the hoist at work, now has a flex just after the cat however

Also started making an airbox out of a truck cab spoiler

Ok I've been lazy lately, also very hard to update of previous things I've done haha.

Got the airbox pretty well done. A mate at work build a 3d printer so decided to make a bracket that holds the catch can and bolts to the airbox. Turned out well

So i got sick of the exhaust heat and decided to fibre wrap my already ceramic coated manifolds. I don't think the ceramic coating I got really helps much, or it does and it would be insane without it haha. It is very rich so i put some of the problem down to that too.

Drove it for a bit after refitting the manifolds and thought the fibreglass was smoking a bit excessively. Turns out my crap oil filler cap in my aftermarket rocker covers just comes loose straight away. Even preloaded it with an oring behind the seal doesn't help.

After attempting to fix it I decided to go all out and put a nice filler neck on it.

Decided on an idea and ran with it. Learnt to Tig weld, and on aluminium.

Welded on the charcoal canister barb and breather line to the turbo intake, oh and the bov return

Made two brackets onto one, since I changed the oil filler I flipped the throttle body and found the clutch reservoir touches the throttle cable bracket so i joined them

Drove it for a while like this and then found my leads were suffering from heat so decided to make some proper shielded ones. Ordered a v8 diy kit from jegs and some fibreglass boots and reflective covering.

Decided to go under the manifold on the turbo side.

Got halfway done and had the bright idea to pull the manifolds and fit EGTs into them.

Well that turned into the biggest nightmare. One nut on the crossover seized and then striped but wouldnt come off. Of course the turbo side. So decided to remove the dump, which can't be fully removed without the turbo off. So went to loosen the turbo and one nut failed and jammed, one pulled the stud out and everything went to shit.

Finally ruined the turbo nuts enough to remove it, then the dump and pulled the manifold and crossover out as one.

Tapped all the threads, fit new stainless studs with plenty of antiseize and bought brass nuts for everything. Drilled and tapped the manifolds for the egts.

Refit manifolds

As seen the dump keeps leaking against the turbo. Was advised by a nearby turbo shop they have issues with these sealing and just use copper silicon and all is ok. That's what I tried amd kept blowing out. Filed the dump flat by hand, sourced a gasket from work and used sealant. God it better not leak.

Fired up first hit after sitting for a couple months, no better feeling.

Scratch that, before refitting the turbo I decided to make a new gasket for the rocker cover as they also were loose. Decided to run studs and nylock nuts. Loctited the studs in and fit the nuts.

Then decided instead of nuts that I would struggle to get to, to make some brass retainers.